STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Imitative

Imitative

Can't see it, but is there currently a way that the GM can roll all PC initiatives automatically?
    You can in 5e and it greatly speeds up the game for us - am I missing it or has this not been implemented in this ruleset?

Thanks,

Booker

Hi Booker,

There is no such implementation, the goal is to have players engaged and roll initiative and other actions/reactions from their sheets. So far I haven't have a group that doesn't want to roll their own initiative, therefore we decided not to enable PC initiative. If you think this is something you think your group needs, log it as enhancement request and we will look into that in the following weeks.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Just noticed that the thread is called Imitative??? Doh.

We play face to face with just the GM (me) using the laptop and for our 5e games it does speed things up, so yeah, I would like it to be included. Still, really enjoying the ruleset and am looking forward to running Hadley's Hope this Thursday.

Don't know how difficult it would be to implement, but thanks for considering it.

Cheers,

Booker

Doesn't alien use the usual year zero dealing of initiative? I am not quite sure how they would implement that and remain faithful if they were automating it.

Isn't it just a d10 roll in FG at the moment. So, it shouldn't be too hard to implement for all PCs. But I'll admit it's not essential, just made things a little quicker for face to face games.

Quote Originally Posted by Booker Grimm View Post
    Isn't it just a d10 roll in FG at the moment. So, it shouldn't be too hard to implement for all PCs. But I'll admit it's not essential, just made things a little quicker for face to face games.
    I don't have alien on fg yet (skulking here to get a feel of what state it is in)

I hope it isn't a raw d10 though as that changes the numerical distribution pretty heavily. For me (in person) it wouldn't save much time, but that is more because there are always players swapping initative -laughs-

It just rolls a D10 when you click initiative on the character sheet and populates the combat tracker with the lowest first. Seems okay. It was just really convenient for me to roll all the NPC and PCs initiatives with one click (as in 5e on FG) and that speeded up combat rounds for my face to face games. And saved me having to type in everyone's initiative at the start of the encounter. But, as I mentioned, it's no great problem and just me being super lazy as usual.

Hmmm, I've copied the extension into the extensions folder but it's not showing up. It's activating if I run it in my 5e campaign - but not with the AlienRPG ruleset. Any ideas?

ext.jpg
    Last edited by Booker Grimm; November 27th, 2020 at 08:29.

Thread Information