FG Spreadshirt Swag

Dragging onto tokens from chat

Is there any way to specify what happens when you drag a roll from chat onto a token?

I am only on my 5th session, but it seems like it would be useful to have it apply damage, or apply healing if CTRL-drag perhaps.

My players often mess up targeting, and I can tell them if a to-hit roll succeeded or not, but damage I have to apply manually.

Additionally, not all spells are automated yet, so sometimes they have to roll manually.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Autumn View Post
    Is there any way to specify what happens when you drag a roll from chat onto a token?

I am only on my 5th session, but it seems like it would be useful to have it apply damage, or apply healing if CTRL-drag perhaps.

My players often mess up targeting, and I can tell them if a to-hit roll succeeded or not, but damage I have to apply manually.

Additionally, not all spells are automated yet, so sometimes they have to roll manually.
    Yeah it does this in FGC for some reason I dont think it works in FGU. Was a very usful feature to correct mistakes
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

Dragging a damage roll from the chat to a token or combat tracker entry to apply damage is working for me in both FGC and FGU (except CTRL+drag doesn't heal in FGU).

• Are you using FGC or FGU?
    • Are you using any extensions?
    • Were the tokens added to from the creature entry in the CT?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Yeah thats what I mean (CTRL+drag doesn't heal in FGU). So if someone damages the wrong creature I cant CTRL+drag the damage back as a heal to correct it IN FGU. I wasnt clear.

Dragging damage from the chat works for me too.
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

So a player just rolls 2d6, I should be able to drag that onto a token to damage it?

So a player just rolls 2d6, I should be able to drag that onto a token to damage it?
    Short answer: Yes.

The output for attack rolls, damage, etc., are all drag and drop enabled.. so (and I deal with this all the time, too) if someone forgets to have a target selected, or has the wrong target selected, we can simply take that result and drop it on a token or on the CT entry for the intended target itself to see the results.
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

I should add that in the case of wrong targeting, you can even reverse the damage by holding down CTRL while dragging the results to the unintended target, and it'll remove the damage added from the initial. You can then drag the result to the intended target.

One caveat, though.... iirc, this reverse damage roll doesn't deal with things like Weakness and Resistance well.. so, unless I am remembering wrong, you might want to keep an eye out on that reverse damage to "heal" to make sure it's applying it correctly.
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

It needs to be a FG damage roll so that FG knows to apply the result as wounds to the target. If you're just dragging to a token FG doesn't know what the result of the 2d6 should be applied as.

The GM can drag the results of a basic dice roll made by a player to the wounds field of a creature in the combat tracker to apply damage directly to that wounds field. But players can't do this, as that field isn't available in the player view of the CT.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Oh! Good point. I was thinking people were rolling damage results (2d6 yadda yadda).

To be honest, it is really generally a good idea to have damage rolls be generated thought weapons and spells, etc., because you'll want the traits and properties attached to them. There are a significant number of creatures and powers/features that affect results based on the type of damage or attack it is.

There are tons of people here more than willing to help anyone needing directions as to how to accomplish these processes if needed

Thread Information