DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 6 of 19 First ... 4567816 ... Last
    Capturar.PNG
    Any chance this extension can add the proper tags of the spell on the cast section?
    On the left is the spell added by the extension and on the right the spell added manually. Makes great difference when using Kel IFTAG extension.

Quote Originally Posted by Thamyor View Post
    Capturar.PNG
    Any chance this extension can add the proper tags of the spell on the cast section?
    Absolutely. When Kelrugem's extension gets updated, I will be adding this. (no pressure Kel, I've got extensions I haven't had time to update too).

v1.10 is released.
    • Users of Kelrugem's FullOverlayPackage should have spell tags added automatically.
    • Some additional NPC actions will now be created when eligible NPCs are added to the combat tracker:

Supported Feats:
    Ancestral Enmity
    Arcane Strike
    Bleed (requires manual entry of quantity)
    Combat Expertise
    Deadly Aim
    Furious Focus
    Mobility
    Power Attack

Supported Abilities:
    Breath Weapon (only 1 per NPC -- please pass any along that are not detected correctly).
    Last edited by bmos; March 16th, 2021 at 20:36.

I don't fully understand the formulae you are using for Power Attack, but I have a question: does it take into consideration the 0.5 damage dealt by secondary natural attacks and off-hand attacks? Also, say a dragon uses power attack while full-round attacking, its bite will be at 1.5 STR (so the 2H will apply), then it's wings are considered secondary natural attack and should trigger at 0.5 while its claws are at the normal 1H version.

A way to do this would be to first enable it's 1H Power Attack, then add a SELF/ROLL "Secondary Attack; DMG: -X melee" effect and apply it for both wing damage, then use a SELF/ROLL "Primary Attack/2H; DMG: X melee" for its bite.

I am curious though, what does QBAB means?

Quote Originally Posted by Khoredran View Post
    I don't fully understand the formulae you are using for Power Attack, but I have a question: does it take into consideration the 0.5 damage dealt by secondary natural attacks and off-hand attacks? Also, say a dragon uses power attack while full-round attacking, its bite will be at 1.5 STR (so the 2H will apply), then it's wings are considered secondary natural attack and should trigger at 0.5 while its claws are at the normal 1H version.

A way to do this would be to first enable it's 1H Power Attack, then add a SELF/ROLL "Secondary Attack; DMG: -X melee" effect and apply it for both wing damage, then use a SELF/ROLL "Primary Attack/2H; DMG: X melee" for its bite.
    No, the effects added by this extension are currently designed to work with the base ruleset and there is no way to automate that at this time.
    I might add both with some clarification in the ability description. Typically it's not an issue so having one for 2h and one for 1h is much simpler to use in game.

I am curious though, what does QBAB means?
    Read about "PC Specific Notes" here:
    https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...Specific-Notes

[QBAB] gets replaced with 1/4 of the bab score when the effect button is clicked.
    1 [QBAB] gets replaced with 1/4 of the bab score + 1 when the effect button is clicked.
    2 [QBAB] [QBAB] gets replaced with 1/4 of the bab score + 1/4 of the bab score + 2 when the effect button is clicked.
    Last edited by bmos; March 31st, 2021 at 23:02.

Oh, I didn't mean to actually write X but an arbitrary number for the level of power attack determined by its BAB. QBAB seems an adequate solution.
    Therefore, could this extension recognize primary and secondary natural attacks from monster NPC? (It would be recognized by looking at the melee entry and see if the DMG is multiplied by 1.5 or 0.5 on certain attacks). If not, would it be able to recognize the TYPE(dragon) of the NPC and change the power attack formula?

With this new knowledge, the effects for a dragon Power Attack would then look like this:
    SELF/ALL= Power Attack/1H; ATK: -1 [-QBAB]; DMG: 2 [QBAB] [QBAB] (1 round)
    SELF/ROLL = Primary Attack/2H; DMG: 1 [QBAB]
    SELF/ROLL = Secondary/Off-Hand Attack; DMG: -1 [-QBAB]

What about Mythic Power attack? Would it be able to recognize Power AttackM in the feat list and give the corresponding damage boost?
    Last edited by Khoredran; March 31st, 2021 at 23:36. Reason: typo

Oh, I didn't mean to actually write X but an arbitrary number for the level of power attack determined by its BAB. QBAB seems an adequate solution.
    Therefore, could this extension recognize primary and secondary natural attacks from monster NPC? (It would be recognized by looking at the melee entry and see if the DMG is multiplied by 1.5 or 0.5 on certain attacks). If not, would it be able to recognize the TYPE(dragon) of the NPC and change the power attack formula?

With this new knowledge, the effects for a dragon Power Attack would then look like this:
    SELF/ALL= Power Attack/1H; ATK: -1 [-QBAB]; DMG: 2 [QBAB] [QBAB] (1 round)
    SELF/ROLL = Primary Attack/2H; DMG: 1 [QBAB]
    SELF/ROLL = Secondary Attack; DMG: -1 [-QBAB]

What about Mythic Power attack? Would it be able to recognize Power AttackM in the feat list and give the corresponding damage boost?
    1. No, that's not what this extension is about.
    2.Changing how effects work to add that sort of automation is way outside its scope and is more the sort of thing you'd have to check with Kelrugem about once that extension is updated.
    3.The type stuff could work, but I think the simplest solution is to just use the REMOVE effect extension so that there are add/remove buttons for 1H and 2H. then you can easily switch back and forth with each attack
    Last edited by bmos; April 1st, 2021 at 03:21.

Even for a seasoned GM sometimes it's really hard to tell when a natural atack is considered 1H, 2H or secondary, I would guess it would be really hard to automate this.
    With Dragon or creatures with too many different atack types what I do is leave the PA effect with just the penalty, and do the bonus damage manually using modifiers.

I don't know if it would be possible but, when parsing spell-like abilities while the spell is not set at the correct spell level for visual simplicity Ex: placing (1/day), (3/day), (At will), (Constant), (1/week), (1/month) together, if, let's say, I have an Angel, Planetar with a "(3/day) flame strike (DC 22)" spell:
    First, while individually reparsing, I need to remove the (3/day) to let it reach the Spellbook information. Would the Extension be able to bypass these tags?
    Then, since the spell is at a wrong spell level (for example 3rd instead of 5th), would it be possible to change the DC to the value in the parenthesis while placing it on "Fixed" instead of "Class DC +"?

Thank you very much!
    Last edited by Khoredran; April 1st, 2021 at 03:55. Reason: added tags examples

That would be nice for visual simplicity, but wouldn't follow the standard approach of FG's statblocks which are level-based. I think what I can do, however, is move the (3/day) and such to the beginning of the spell name so it sorts lexicographically based on that (which would group by # of uses within the level).

Thread Information