STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 19 First 1234513 ... Last
    hey bmos - I just downloaded V1.4 but I am still getting the nill error.

Script Error: [string "scripts/upgradespells.lua"]:93: attempt to index a nil value

I'm downloading the latest version from this URL - https://github.com/bmos/FG-PFRPG-Upg...eases/tag/v1.4

The image shows the effect that is on the NPC.
    Attachment 42789

Quote Originally Posted by dllewell View Post
    hey bmos - I just downloaded V1.4 but I am still getting the nill error.

Script Error: [string "scripts/upgradespells.lua"]:93: attempt to index a nil value

I'm downloading the latest version from this URL - https://github.com/bmos/FG-PFRPG-Upg...eases/tag/v1.4

The image shows the effect that is on the NPC.
    Attachment 42789
    I've been battling that issue for a while now and honestly have no idea why it's coming up (I have had reports from multiple people but have not been able to recreate it personally).
    Are you using Unity or Classic? Also your attachment isn't working.

Can you try this v1.5-beta.1? EDIT: removed. see official release here.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by bmos; January 11th, 2021 at 21:17.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    I've been battling that issue for a while now and honestly have no idea why it's coming up (I have had reports from multiple people but have not been able to recreate it personally).
    Are you using Unity or Classic? Also your attachment isn't working.

Can you try this v1.5-beta.1?
    That fixed it. Thank you.

Oh, and I'm using Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by dllewell View Post
    That fixed it. Thank you.

Oh, and I'm using Classic.
    Yahoo!

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Yahoo!
    I tested v1.5 on Unity and it is working there also.

someone mentioned this extension and i checked it out... this is great! thx
    this will definitely be helpful to at least populate spells and spell-like abilities effects onto creatures/npcs.

as mentioned in your original post #1, i had another initiative to create non-spell effects (e.g. poisons, abilities, feats, etc).
    people have reached out for the xml file that i'm continually appending. looking forward to future release to include this!

i will point to this thread from my thread to help gms out there with this time-saving tool!
    -----
    roll dice. it builds character.

Quote Originally Posted by tahl_liadon View Post

someone mentioned this extension and i checked it out... this is great! thx
    this will definitely be helpful to at least populate spells and spell-like abilities effects onto creatures/npcs.

as mentioned in your original post #1, i had another initiative to create non-spell effects (e.g. poisons, abilities, feats, etc).
    people have reached out for the xml file that i'm continually appending. looking forward to future release to include this!

i will point to this thread from my thread to help gms out there with this time-saving tool!
    Thanks tahl_liadon!
    I hope to have a chance to add that functionality in the coming months (the plan is to search the SA, SQ, and Feats fields for supported abilities and then create a spell class for each which contains the automated 'spells').

I have an issue with small and large letters now. For example the Pathfinder NPC codes which I have bought have the spells in small letters, and also a dc in paranthese if they have something that increase their save. For example the npc codes has a sorcerer with spells:
    reduce person (dc 17)
    magic missile

This extension does not recognize that these spells are the same as:
    Reduce Person [Y]
    Magic Missile [Y]
    from the spellbook.

Is it possible to not differentiate on large and small letters, and to also ignore if the spell has a (dc xx) in the name?

Quote Originally Posted by Svandal View Post
    I have an issue with small and large letters now. For example the Pathfinder NPC codes which I have bought have the spells in small letters, and also a dc in paranthese if they have something that increase their save. For example the npc codes has a sorcerer with spells:
    reduce person (dc 17)
    magic missile

This extension does not recognize that these spells are the same as:
    Reduce Person [Y]
    Magic Missile [Y]
    from the spellbook.

Is it possible to not differentiate on large and small letters, and to also ignore if the spell has a (dc xx) in the name?
    I am already checking for DC but perhaps I need to do a lowercase conversion first as you mention (dc XX) in your example. It sounds like this would address both of your issues.

Updated to support drag/drop NPC action replacement rather than just via encounters.
    Should also be much more future-proof.
    Download: v1.6

Thread Information