STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 19 First 123412 ... Last
    ill check if it helps to at least upgrade NPC to have them on higher CR

Quote Originally Posted by ramon09 View Post
    ill check if it helps to at least upgrade NPC to have them on higher CR
    That's not what this extension does. It replaces the damage, heal, and effect buttons on spells with spells from this module and adds tooltips to the 'effects library' list of conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    That's not what this extension does. It replaces the damage, heal, and effect buttons on spells with spells from this module and adds tooltips to the 'effects library' list of conditions.
    oh ok, so nevermind this won't work at all in 5e

Great work, it now works with monsters that have (at will), and (3/day) etc in their spell text.
    But it did not work with Ray of enfeeblement.

In the spellbook module it has some spells with an [Y] behind them, example:
    Ray of Enfeeblement [Y]
    When a monster has the spell: Ray of Enfeeblement it will not detect that this is the spell Ray of Enfeeblement [Y] from the spellbook.

So maybe it will not detect them if the spellbook has these weird added parantheses in the text? Maybe let this extension ignore everything inside a paranthese in the spell book module. Both of these:
    ()
    []

Quote Originally Posted by Svandal View Post
    Great work, it now works with monsters that have (at will), and (3/day) etc in their spell text.
    But it did not work with Ray of enfeeblement.

In the spellbook module it has some spells with an [Y] behind them, example:
    Ray of Enfeeblement [Y]
    When a monster has the spell: Ray of Enfeeblement it will not detect that this is the spell Ray of Enfeeblement [Y] from the spellbook.

So maybe it will not detect them if the spellbook has these weird added parantheses in the text? Maybe let this extension ignore everything inside a paranthese in the spell book module. Both of these:
    ()
    []
    I think what you're seeing there is that I don't overwrite the 'cast' actions.
    I did notice and fix an issue with detecting 'greater' versions of spells as a result of your bug report, so thank you for that
    I might be able to overwrite the cast action except for the DC (which is why I am not doing so currently--some monsters have fixed DCs).

I think what you're seeing there is that I don't overwrite the 'cast' actions.
    I did notice and fix an issue with detecting 'greater' versions of spells as a result of your bug report, so thank you for that
    I might be able to overwrite the cast action except for the DC (which is why I am not doing so currently--some monsters have fixed DCs).
    It works fine, I came to the wrong conclusion when doing some tests.

Quote Originally Posted by Svandal View Post
    It works fine, I came to the wrong conclusion when doing some tests.
    Ah, I do that frequently as well.
    Glad it's working for you

Upgrade NPC Actions v1.4 handles a nil error when adding encounters that contained NPCs with spells that don't have corresponding entries in the reference library.
    Merry Christmas
    Last edited by bmos; December 25th, 2020 at 17:26.

Coming soon to an effects library near you, tooltips!:
    Attachment 41495

This doesn't have anything to do with the rest of this extension, but it seemed like the most fitting place for it (I didn't really want to make another extension just for that...)

EDIT: Upgrade NPC Actions v1.2 is now available with this helpful little feature
    This is awesome. Thank you bmos!

These are the modules and extensions created and/or taken over by dellanx for PFRPG.

I had a lot of help and advice from many here at FG.

Thank You!

hey bmos - I just downloaded V1.4 but I am still getting the nill error.

Script Error: [string "scripts/upgradespells.lua"]:93: attempt to index a nil value

I'm downloading the latest version from this URL - https://github.com/bmos/FG-PFRPG-Upg...eases/tag/v1.4
    Last edited by dllewell; January 11th, 2021 at 18:27.

Thread Information