DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 13 of 19 First ... 31112131415 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Saagael View Post
    Happy to help! You'll also need to do the same thing with the OnMenuSelection function; currently it won't call the original function (which CloseEncounters overwrites). That one is a bit trickier to do though.
    I think I figured out how to write it in such a way that it will call the original function if you click an menu item other than "re-parse". Have posted the build.

Is there anyway to have this not fire off based on the source of the NPC?

Specifically I thinking of the PFRPG - Bestiary.

As you know, that already has all the effects built out. Problem is that this extension can (incorrectly) override some of these effects. It's a limited number but it does happen.

The spells added as effects are fine as they are already from the PFRPG - Spellbook so are not changed.

But some of the other 'Special Abilities' effects are overridden because they match the name of a spell in the PFRPG - Spellbook. An example of this is Spell Resistance. In the Special Effects these are fixed numbers based on the details from the NPC, but the extension overrides this with the Spell Resistance spell from the PFRPG - Spellbook.

It also duplicates some of the other effects.

These are the items I saw. I have sent a message to the user who reported this to me and asked them to send me an additional items they are seeing.

Overall not a huge deal. It seems like most of the items work fine but if it is a relatively simple process to tell the extension to not run for items from PFRPG - Bestiary that would seem to be an easy way to fix it.

NPC Upgrade.jpg

Giant Spider was what we noticed it on both on web and poison, this brought in the spells web and poison, overriding the bestiary. I am a player and not the DM so I will wait and ask my DM to give any details he has.

I do know we are playing the Giants (?) AP3 atm and some of those creatures are coded and it was causing a few issue there as well. My Dm was hoping the Bmos's extension could check if there is already a spell action on the NPC then skip that "spell" and move on to the next
    Last edited by Morenu; July 8th, 2022 at 16:28.
    My First Mod PFRPG - Feats Extended, focusing on PF1e Feats and Racial Traits automation. It is open to community assistance. Here is the forum Link.

40+ PF1e Extensions & Modules I use, with links.

PF1E Coding Effects - Spreadsheet

Discord: Morenu

Absolutely. For now I will exclude your module and perhaps in the future I'll do a search for effects with the same name to avoid this with other sources.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Absolutely. For now I will exclude your module and perhaps in the future I'll do a search for effects with the same name to avoid this with other sources.
    You are awesome. Thank you.

On a side note, while reviewing this, I found a number of items that this extension was catching that I had not coded for. Things like Combat Expertise and Critical Focus. I am going through the Bestiary and adding these effects. Hope to have that done by no later than the end of next week. At which point I will upload new versions of the Bestiaries.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    So I should be able to run this extension with bestiary linked now?
    My First Mod PFRPG - Feats Extended, focusing on PF1e Feats and Racial Traits automation. It is open to community assistance. Here is the forum Link.

40+ PF1e Extensions & Modules I use, with links.

PF1E Coding Effects - Spreadsheet

Discord: Morenu

Quote Originally Posted by Morenu View Post
    So I should be able to run this extension with bestiary linked now?
    Yes! No more duplication

Upgraded NPC actions seems to blows up the base effects button on a clean load. "[Error] Script execution error: [string "effectlist"]:20: attempt to index local 'c1' (a nil value).

With several warnings before that.
    Last edited by Deslock100; July 16th, 2022 at 20:47.

Quote Originally Posted by Deslock100 View Post
    Upgraded NPC actions seems to blows up the base effects button on a clean load. "[Error] Script execution error: [string "effectlist"]:20: attempt to index local 'c1' (a nil value).

With several warnings before that.
    No luck reproducing this one yet.
    Can you provide more information (and ideally all the script errors you got if they aren't the same)?

Also, can you confirm that you tested without other extensions loaded? Especially Kelrugem's.
    Last edited by bmos; July 16th, 2022 at 22:38.

upgraded NPC actions.png

This is the error I get when only Upgraded NPC actions is loaded. No other ext.
    Now could it be an interaction with a module? I do have a few of those loaded.

Thread Information