DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 12 of 19 First ... 21011121314 ... Last
    The automatic creation of the breath weapon from this extension is lacking half damage on save, and spell resistance no for those monsters that do not explicitly state this in there NPC sheet.
    For all the dragons I have seen in beastiary 1-5 modules the breath weapon does not say half damage on save on the NPC sheet, but the definition of a breath weapon is the following:
    https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/ru...eath_Weapon_Su
    Half damage on save, and no spell resistance applies (since it is supernatural ability). Most are reflex saves, but not all.

When this extension creates a breath weapon in the spell NPC spell tab, it would be great if the following always gets applied:
    No spell resistance
    Half damage on save

This would fix all the dragons breath weapons, and I do not think it would negatively impact anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Svandal View Post
    This would fix all the dragons breath weapons, and I do not think it would negatively impact anything else.
    Fair enough! My research agrees.

Just pushed v1.19 to address the issues.
    Last edited by bmos; March 26th, 2022 at 21:58.

I highly recommend this new module from dllewell:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...PFRPG-Bestiary

I'm going to try and modify this extension so it doesn't create duplicate effects for Bleed and the like.
    Last edited by bmos; April 23rd, 2022 at 22:27.

Hi Bmos.
    I noticed that your v1.19 hotfix 4 has the line:
    Breath weapons now have spell resistance set to 'no'

This is not correct. When I place a dragon (beastiary, beastiary 4, beastiary 2) in the combat tracked, it gets a Breath weapon in the spell tab. This breath weapon gets save for half as advertised (and as it should). But it still allows spell resistance.

I am also unsure if this is because I am on an older version. I am on version 1.19, but your Github is on version 1.20 hotfix 1. I have checked for updates, and I have deleted all files in the vault and updated again, but still on 1.19.
    I could not locate your extension in the vault or in the extension folder. Where is it, and what is it called?

And I have also seen that you have removed the ability automation on your latest release on Github, I hope this is not intended because I really like the breath weapon automatic parcing.

Quote Originally Posted by Svandal View Post
    Hi Bmos.
    I noticed that your v1.19 hotfix 4 has the line:
    Breath weapons now have spell resistance set to 'no'

This is not correct. When I place a dragon (beastiary, beastiary 4, beastiary 2) in the combat tracked, it gets a Breath weapon in the spell tab. This breath weapon gets save for half as advertised (and as it should). But it still allows spell resistance.

I am also unsure if this is because I am on an older version. I am on version 1.19, but your Github is on version 1.20 hotfix 1. I have checked for updates, and I have deleted all files in the vault and updated again, but still on 1.19.
    I could not locate your extension in the vault or in the extension folder. Where is it, and what is it called?

And I have also seen that you have removed the ability automation on your latest release on Github, I hope this is not intended because I really like the breath weapon automatic parcing.
    Not to worry, I thought it was going to be unnecessary because of this.
    But it is just the first bestiary, so I changed it back.

I just pushed v1.20-hotfix.2 which should resolve this.
    Last edited by bmos; June 12th, 2022 at 21:42.

I am posting this to both the NPC upgrade post and the close encounters post so both creators know.

I am using a ton of extensions (see signature) and realized that the Close Encounters ext was no longer working right. the radial menu square to add a new effect disappears when the upgrade NPC action ext is also loaded. tested with just those 2 loaded.

Close encounter - ext load.JPG

and you can see in this picture, the target effect created when only close encounters was loaded is still there but the square at the top of the menu is missing when NPC ext is loaded.

Close encounter - Radial square missing.JPG

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Retch View Post
    I am posting this to both the NPC upgrade post and the close encounters post so both creators know.

I am using a ton of extensions (see signature) and realized that the Close Encounters ext was no longer working right. the radial menu square to add a new effect disappears when the upgrade NPC action ext is also loaded. tested with just those 2 loaded.

and you can see in this picture, the target effect created when only close encounters was loaded is still there but the square at the top of the menu is missing when NPC ext is loaded.

thanks
    I just took a look at the code for NPC Action. I believe this is due to NPC Action's spell.lua file overwriting the onInit function without calling the base function. If the base function isn't called, then the icon for close encounters won't get added to the radial menu. The onMenuSelection function will also need to call the base function, otherwise clicking the radial menu option won't actually do anything.
    Last edited by Saagael; July 6th, 2022 at 17:40.

Oops I posted that under my other account (Retch)...

thanks

Edit, AND.. Saagael posted so fast I can't edit the original post now LOL
    Last edited by Morenu; July 6th, 2022 at 17:41.
    My First Mod PFRPG - Feats Extended, focusing on PF1e Feats and Racial Traits automation. It is open to community assistance. Here is the forum Link.

40+ PF1e Extensions & Modules I use, with links.

PF1E Coding Effects - Spreadsheet

Discord: Morenu

I just pushed v1.20-hotfix.3 which now calls prior onInit functions. Thanks for the easy fix @Saagael!
    I didn't actually test with that other extension, so let me know if that doesn't resolve the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    I just pushed v1.20-hotfix.3 which now calls prior onInit functions. Thanks for the easy fix @Saagael!
    I didn't actually test with that other extension, so let me know if that doesn't resolve the issue.
    Happy to help! You'll also need to do the same thing with the OnMenuSelection function; currently it won't call the original function (which CloseEncounters overwrites). That one is a bit trickier to do though.

Thread Information