DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... Last

PFRPG Upgrade NPC Actions Extension

This extension improves automation of NPC abilities and spells.

Extension Homepage, README, and Codebase
    FantasyGrounds Forge
    Ext Files and Changelog
    License Information
    Bug Tracker and Suggestions

To avoid my threads taking over the PF1e subforum, I publish most updates in my combo thread (with only major updates in this individual thread which is primarily for discussion and bug reports). To ensure you're kept informed of future updates, either subscribe to that thread (for updates to all my extensions) or create a GitHub account and follow the specific repository of each extension you use. Or just check the releases linked in the first post of the thread periodically.
    Last edited by bmos; August 29th, 2021 at 22:38.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    This extension replaces spell effects with those from PFRPG - Spellbook. This happens when you click the 'add encounter' button, it will not do anything if you drag an npc directly to the combat tracker.

Extension Homepage and Readme
    Download
    License Information
    Bug Tracker and Suggestions

To avoid my threads taking over the PF1e subforum, I publish most updates in my combo thread (with only major updates in this individual thread which is primarily for discussion and bug reports).

Future plans:
    Adding automation for NPC feats like Power Attack.
    Can you elaborate on what precisely the extension does? So, when I have actions for an NPC, then it searches for the names of spells there to overwrite the defined actions?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Can you elaborate on what precisely the extension does? So, when I have actions for an NPC, then it searches for the names of spells there to overwrite the defined actions?
    You're spot on.

Because the actions are usually created by the (woefully inadequate) parser, the PFRPG - Spellbook module includes pre-defined actions.
    This makes leveling up characters a breeze, but requires you to manually re-add all NPC spells if you want to replicate that polished experience.

I copy actions of the type "effect" from the spell in the module to the same spell on the NPC after deleting any actions of the type "effect" that the parser has created. This makes prep a lot easier for automation-focused GMs

I have marked the small amount of code that I added with "-- bmos replacing spell effects"
    Last edited by bmos; November 13th, 2020 at 23:44.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    You're spot on.

Because the actions are usually created by the (woefully inadequate) parser, the PFRPG - Spellbook module includes pre-defined actions.
    This makes leveling up characters a breeze, but requires you to manually re-add all NPC spells if you want to replicate that polished experience.

I copy actions of the type "effect" from the spell in the module to the same spell on the NPC after deleting any actions of the type "effect" that the parser has created. This makes prep a lot easier for automation-focused GMs

I have marked the small amount of code that I added with "-- bmos replacing spell effects"
    Nice I was only wondering whether some extra action is needed (besides having the module), but seemingly not then (which is good )

This saves a lot of time for prepping encounters!

Things like this should be built in... ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Nice I was only wondering whether some extra action is needed (besides having the module), but seemingly not then (which is good )
    I edited function called by the "add encounter" button on the encounters sheet.

Upgrade NPC Actions v1.1
    Now brings over all actions (except saves if saves already exist).
    Better spell name detection
    A fix for NPCs without spellsets causing script error

Coming soon to an effects library near you, tooltips!:
    unknown[1].png

This doesn't have anything to do with the rest of this extension, but it seemed like the most fitting place for it (I didn't really want to make another extension just for that...)

EDIT: Upgrade NPC Actions v1.2 is now available with this helpful little feature
    Last edited by bmos; November 29th, 2020 at 02:45.

Does this is compatible with 5e or it is exclusive for the mentioned settings?

Quote Originally Posted by ramon09 View Post
    Does this is compatible with 5e or it is exclusive for the mentioned settings?
    No idea. No sure what benefit it would have in 5e since PFRPG-Spellbook only has Pathfinder spells in it.

Thread Information