FG Spreadshirt Swag

Ranger evasion not working?

Hi Trenloe

I'm jumping on this thread after a long time of inactivity so my apologies if I break etiquette. However I found that my question ties in to this topic.
    Is it possible that this functionality for the evasion feat for ranger broke? I does not increase the prof for reflex saves to master and the increase of degree of success also doesn't seem to be working properly? I have attached a picture for illustrative purposes.

PS: In the future is it preferable that I start a new thread if it has been inactive for a long time or is it better that I continue?

evasion success stays success.PNG
    ranger setup.PNG
    Last edited by Shinrei123; November 13th, 2020 at 07:55. Reason: additional picture in order to show setup of the ranger

It's always better to start a new thread if the original thread isn't *exactly* the same as the issue you're having now. I've moved this post to it's own thread.

1) As the chargen tracker will mention when evasion is added to the PC: "No automation applied. +++ Check entry and manually apply if needed" - this means that you need to adjust your reflex save proficiency manually.

I highly recommend that the messaging in the chargen tracker is reviewed whenever new records are added to the PC.

2) I'll investigate why the reflex save success didn't get increased to a critical success.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Hi Trenloe

Thank you for the reply! Good to know that I can see it in the chargen tracker.
    Have you already found a conclusion in your investigation?

Warm regards

I'm in the process of moving things like this (success becomes critical success, critical failure becomes failure, etc.) to effects - so that there will be functionality to cover things like this for all saves. However, that hasn't been fully coded yet.

In the meantime, apply an effect called Evasion to the PC when they are in the Combat Tracker and a success on a reflex save will become a critical success. Improved Evasion is also supported (critical failure on a reflex save becomes a failure).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information