Joshua Stream Pre
Page 10 of 12 First ... 89101112 Last
  1. #91
    What does full processing do that quick mode doesn't?

  2. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by darrenan View Post
    What does full processing do that quick mode doesn't?
    It triggers effects that occur each round. FHEAL, REGEN, DMGO. It also rolls death saves. Possibly other things.

    I'm considering having it use Full Processing when the number of rounds is less than 60 rounds/1 hour and having it switch to Quick Mode for longer amounts of time, but I don't like programs that act inconsistently.
    Last edited by bmos; February 17th, 2021 at 19:01.
    bmos' extensions
    he/him | Discord Tag: wil.thieme#3396

  3. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    It triggers effects that occur each round. FHEAL, REGEN, DMGO. It also rolls death saves. Possibly other things.

    I'm considering having it use Full Processing when the number of rounds is less than 60 rounds/1 hour and having it switch to Quick Mode for longer amounts of time, but I don't like programs that act inconsistently.
    I think so long as it's clear as to which does what the DM should be able to figure out which method they want to do - quick vs full on a case by case basis. Or just add it as a configurable option in the options menu so each DM can set what they want. Not sure how much that complicates support.

  4. #94
    Kelrugem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland, and Lyon, France
    Posts
    3,105
    From a coding point of view, you could for example have a separate script of FHEAL etc similar to the native one. Instead of calling then those effects each round, you just call them once and let them do their stuff all at once, taking the total number of rounds as multiplier (E.g. DMG: 2 and 100 rounds results to a damage of 100*2 applied just once, so, the function knows the number of rounds and takes that as extra info to avoid that the effect is called 100 times)

  5. #95
    What effect type is DMGO? Damage ongoing like a bleed effect? 2d4 bleed damage each round for example.

  6. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    From a coding point of view, you could for example have a separate script of FHEAL etc similar to the native one. Instead of calling then those effects each round, you just call them once and let them do their stuff all at once, taking the total number of rounds as multiplier (E.g. DMG: 2 and 100 rounds results to a damage of 100*2 applied just once, so, the function knows the number of rounds and takes that as extra info to avoid that the effect is called 100 times)
    I was thinking about doing something like that. I need to look into what else is being done by that function, so I know what I'll have to re-automate.
    bmos' extensions
    he/him | Discord Tag: wil.thieme#3396

  7. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    From a coding point of view, you could for example have a separate script of FHEAL etc similar to the native one. Instead of calling then those effects each round, you just call them once and let them do their stuff all at once, taking the total number of rounds as multiplier (E.g. DMG: 2 and 100 rounds results to a damage of 100*2 applied just once, so, the function knows the number of rounds and takes that as extra info to avoid that the effect is called 100 times)
    Wouldn't that have issues when you have a resistance? Dunno: "DMGO: 2d6 acid" when you have RESIST: 5 acid...

  8. #98
    Kelrugem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland, and Lyon, France
    Posts
    3,105
    Quote Originally Posted by Asgurgolas View Post
    Wouldn't that have issues when you have a resistance? Dunno: "DMGO: 2d6 acid" when you have RESIST: 5 acid...
    yeah, you need to cater such effects also in a total A fixed damage number can be easily treated, for dice one rolls all at once but still needs to treat them somewhat separately when applying resistance

    However, many of such effects have often a duration, probably simplifying things

  9. #99
    I made mistakes in updating my code (I had missed something).
    Please download v1.9 if you have updated to current version of FG.
    bmos' extensions
    he/him | Discord Tag: wil.thieme#3396

  10. #100
    I think I found a bug in a slow mode. There is some delay with applying stable status, which seems to result in multiple stabilization checks queued before Stable condition and damage is applied.

    Not sure if this is in release 1.9 version or not, cause I've tested in on main branch, commit '148dbc9d330314f4d69493ad452a8b84df09461e'.


    DyingADv.png

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Fantasy Grounds Fridays Pre

Log in

Log in