FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Players unable to open module...

When the player tries to open a "book" it closes again, this includes the ones I have stated to be forced to players.

What I did do last night was manually copy the .mod files to the client pc and then they could "open" the books.

Is this how it is supposed to work?

I am having the exact same problem. What is the solution? Where did you copy the file?
    I thought that the moment the clients connect, the .mod is transferred automatically.
    However, even if the file is selected as auto load and open in the DM server, it does appear in the client mod books but just wont open. You pull it open and it closes back on its own!

The clients have to download the mod manually.
    Always keep it in perspective!

We've been discussing this also in the Workshop since I thought I had done something while making a custom ruleset.

I went ahead and put the custom module in one of my player's module folders and the book can be opened however this is going to be a major pita since the module is a work in progress..ie..I'm putting a little bit of info in it at a time as the players level and gain new spell levels.

I don't really want to have to send out the file over and over and over again as it changes and info is added.
    Question: How does an Assamite find herself between a 12ft murder machine and a high place?

Answer: When she's running away from a werewolf in Crinos and she has to jump onto a fire escape with the Phobia: High Places flaw

This is a module type you can force the players to load from the Host. I'm not sure how to do make one off hand though. That's why there is a "force" load module setting. It only works on the right files though.

I have been able to replicate this issue - and it concerns me, as there are a number of projects in the works that will require this "auto download", and subsequent "dumping" of module data on client machines. Giving players copies of the .mod files isn't how it was supposed to work (or at least that was my impression).
    Vincent Kingston
    [email protected]

Still waiting for a reply on this.

As I predicted, having to send the module to my players ensues in complete chaos. While it should be better the next time, I know that one of them will end up deleting the new module and using an out of date one since my spells.mod book is a work in progress.
    Question: How does an Assamite find herself between a 12ft murder machine and a high place?

Answer: When she's running away from a werewolf in Crinos and she has to jump onto a fire escape with the Phobia: High Places flaw

Since this has come up in a couple of places, I made a sticky explaining the module types:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ead.php?t=6446

For in-progress work, I would suggest either working on it as a common data module and distributing it as client data when it's done, or naming it with version numbers to make sure everyone has the current one.

The book not staying open situation is probably the result of a module that does not contain client data appearing on the player module list, and should not occur. If you are seeing this, could you please post steps on how to replicate this, as well as the types of data contained in the module in question and whether the players seeing it in their list have the module file locally installed or not.
    Tero Parvinen
    Fantasy Grounds Guru

I just need some clarification for the client.xml (which would be for a converted d20spells.mod file, not from any module being made within the FG program itself).

You state that it needs to be installed locally. Does this mean there's a download when the player connects to the host and it's then installed locally or is the GM responsible for distributing the file and the player putting it in the module folder?

Because if it's the former, the players can see the spell book in the module activation screen but can not open it unless they physically put a copy I sent them on their PC.

Just a quick clarification then I think for me as well

Common data does not need to be distributed to the individual players (it is instead transmitted when a player connects)? While client or db data must reside locally on the player and GM's system?

I have used common.xml, however, even after several minutes, the data does not appear on the player side (the "cobweb" phenomenon"). Is this an indication of a transmission error? How does one resolve this?
    Vincent Kingston
    [email protected]

Thread Information