DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 7 First 12345 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by dellanx View Post
    bmos. sent creature stats in PM. Thank you! p.s. I have not edited yet. That is about 99% done.
    Thanks. I guess what I'm really asking is what the second and third levels of that ability would look like. "fickle attack 3"?

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Thanks. I guess what I'm really asking is what the second and third levels of that ability would look like. "fickle attack 3"?
    I see so level 1 is just "fickle attack 1", 2 "fickle attack 2" and 3 is "fickle attack 3" would be easy to put in in SA;
    or
    level 1 is just "fickle attack", 2 "fickle attack 2" and 3 is "fickle attack 3" would be easy to put in in SA.
    Last edited by dellanx; December 10th, 2020 at 14:26.

These are the modules and extensions created and/or taken over by dellanx for PFRPG.

I had a lot of help and advice from many here at FG.

Thank You!

I see so level 1 is just "fickle attack 1", 2 "fickle attack 2" and 3 is "fickle attack 3" would be easy to put in in SA.
    I can assume 1 if there is no number, just wanted to understand the correct format for higher levels.
    Last edited by bmos; December 10th, 2020 at 14:43.

I can assume 1 if there is no number, just wanted to understand the correct format for higher levels.
    Great!

These are the modules and extensions created and/or taken over by dellanx for PFRPG.

Thank You!

Great!
    Tada! It's amazing how much this increases average damage!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Nice, it sounds like it would be possible to create a general effect from this that covers rogue talent deadly sneak and powerfull sneak.
    Deady sneak and powerfull sneak
    Deadly sneak:
    -2 attack rolls and treat all 1 on sneak attack dice as 2.
    Powerfull sneak, but treat all 1 and 2 as 3.

So a general effect to increase some results for a dice to another result. And to not get it on regular weapon dice for rogues you could make it only apply to a specified damage type?

Quote Originally Posted by Svandal View Post
    Nice, it sounds like it would be possible to create a general effect from this that covers rogue talent deadly sneak and powerfull sneak.
    Deadly sneak:

So a general effect to increase some results for a dice to another result. And to not get it on regular weapon dice for rogues you could make it only apply to a specified damage type?
    Absolutely. Automating all these specific abilities is pretty silly, but thinking up effective syntax for effects is pretty tough so I've (somewhat lazily perhaps) just been doing this :P
    EDIT: if you open this extension and look at the onDamageRoll_new function, you'll see where i made this change (search for "check for fickle attack (ex)").
    Maybe MAXDMGDIE: X will change damage roll results of X or lower to be the maximum die result?
    and then MINDMGDIE: X could impose a lower limit on damage die results?
    The same could obviously be done for attacks. The issue is that these similar sounding effects work in very different ways (basically the opposite ways) which is bad UX
    Last edited by bmos; December 10th, 2020 at 19:40.

Yes this is AMAZING!Fickle Attack 3.jpg

Thank You!

Absolutely. Automating all these specific abilities is pretty silly, but thinking up effective syntax for effects is pretty tough so I've (somewhat lazily perhaps) just been doing this :P
    EDIT: if you open this extension and look at the onDamageRoll_new function, you'll see where i made this change (search for "check for fickle attack (ex)").
    Maybe MAXDMGDIE: X will change damage roll results of X or lower to be the maximum die result?
    and then MINDMGDIE: X could impose a lower limit on damage die results?
    The same could obviously be done for attacks. The issue is that these similar sounding effects work in very different ways (basically the opposite ways) which is bad UX
    Found another one, this is a Champion Tier 3 ability:

Maximized Critical (Ex)
    Whenever you score a critical hit, the weapon’s damage result is always the maximum possible amount you could roll. This doesn’t affect other dice added to the damage, such as from sneak attack or the flaming weapon special ability. For example, if you score a critical hit with a longsword (1d8/×2), treat the sword’s damage dice as if you had rolled 8 both times, then add any other damage bonuses that you would normally apply to a critical hit.

Thank You!

Quote Originally Posted by Svandal View Post
    Deadly sneak:

There is also:
    https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/cor...stating-sneak/

Devastating Sneak (Ex)

Prerequisites: Powerful Sneak, Deadly Sneak, Advanced Rogue Talents.

Whenever a rogue with this talent uses the powerful sneak rogue talent, she treats all 1s, 2s and 3s on the sneak attack damage dice as 4s.

What is the hardest part of these? Differentiating between damage types?
    Last edited by dellanx; December 13th, 2020 at 02:02.

Thank You!

Thread Information