DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Modifier buttons on the desktop (extension)

Hi everyone!

A while back I asked if it was possible to add the modifiers buttons to the desktop like in other rulesets to simplify rolling and was told I had to do that through an extension. I took a stab at writing that extension and I've successfully written my first extension!

The buttons I added are:
    Lesser Cover
    Cover
    Greater Cover
    Hidden
    Concealed
    Flat Footed

I'm sharing it here in case someone else would have wanted those button.

Modifiers buttons on the desktop.png

(for those that are better at scripting, if there's anything in my extension that I can write better, please let me know!)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Daso; November 6th, 2020 at 00:54.

Outstanding Daso!

If you don't mind me suggesting, toss in a screenshot or two on your opening post so people can see what you are offering. Sometimes seeing what an extension does visually increases the likelihood that people will enthusiastically grab it for use.
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

Good idea! added a screenshot. (not sure how to embed the image though)

The buttons get cropped a little, I wasn't sure how to fix that though. They're functional though!
    Last edited by Daso; November 6th, 2020 at 00:52.

Good inclusion, I kept telling myself that I would do this. But as a GM I have them bound to my mouse as buttons anyway.

Certainly something that is worth being default in the ruleset though imo.

Had this running over the weekend in two sessions and the players and I loved it, great addition.

Very useful, because using F-key shortcuts gives no visual feedback on whether a modifier is enabled or not. I would like to move these to a different place without having to move the default modifier box, though.

Due to latest FGU update your extension doesn't work anymore :sadface:

I get the following error when pressing each button: Script execution error: [string"DEF_LCOVER"]:3: attempt to cal field 'onValueChanged' (a nil value)
    So, also DEF_GCOVER, HIDDEN, etc.
    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett [RIP] - Jingo

Amazing extension but sadly broken ATM :-( Is the original author still around and/or updating this? Such a good idea that we use often!

Not the original author, but I've updated the extension to work with the changes to the ruleset. File is attached. Let me know if you run into any issues as I don't really use Daso's extension much.

I used Daso's extension as a base to build my own customized versions with smaller buttons moved to the left of the dice tray. Attached those as well in case anyone is interested.

PF2E Modifiers Desktop Buttons.ext - Daso's extension updated to work with the ruleset changes.

Myst - PF2E Desktop Modifiers.ext - My base extension with smaller buttons moved to the left of the dice tray.
    Myst - PF2E Desktop Modifiers - Dark.ext - Same as the above, but buttons recolored to work with the base dark theme that I use more often.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thread Information