STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

[Extension] Random Encounter Generator 5E

The Random Encounter Generator 5E is here to save you from calculating an appropriate encounter ever again.

Get your PCs on the Party Sheet, load up some NPCs, fire up the generator from the Encounter window and you're ready to make your players fight for their lives with the click of a button!

Filters allow you to narrow down generated encounters to the type, speed, or biome!

Biomes can be filled with NPCs and named for whatever environment you plan to make your party trudge through!

The frigid Arctic, the blistering Desert, dangerous Mountains, dense Urban landscapes, and more!

The module which is included provides a Reference Manual and a list of premade Biomes that utilize NPCs from the Monster Manual, Volos Guide to Monsters, Tome of Foes, and the Dungeon Masters Guide.

Video

Clock Adjuster Plug
    Get it on the forge here!
    Last edited by pr6i6e6st; March 12th, 2022 at 21:41.

Random Encounter Generator has had two updates!
    The first adds a filter for “Senses”, AC, HP, and all ability scores.

The second adds a new list into biomes for images/maps. You can fill the list with maps, and when you generate an encounter while using a biome filter, a map will be selected at random from the biome and opened behind the encounter.

Updated. If you have the NPC Maker extension, and templates, a new option appears on the Random Encounter Generator. You can select to use Pregen NPCs (the default method, pulling from your Database and Modules), or you can select an option that generates NPCs at random by selecting two NPC Templates and adding them to the NPC Maker, creating it if appropriate.

updated! fixed the issue where if you drop an encounter or biome onto a biome, duplicate names could slip through.

also, if you find a list online, copy and paste it into a Story Record, and drop that record onto a biome NPC list, if you have those NPCs in your library, it will add them to the list.

Update brings fixes. Fixed freezing issue when generating a preview and encountering NPCs with a blank CR field. Added extra precautions to break loops that run too long, and made it so when you use multiple biomes as a filter, it will pick at random from any of the selected biomes, rather than just the first one on the list.

Updated to allow access to code from other extensions. The Clock Adjuster extension will now use the Random Encounter Generator when traveling and encounters are enabled.

Set a percentile chance for encounters and a percentile chance for that encounter to be a battle. If the encounter is not a battle, it will roll on a table named “Non Combat Encounter” if it exists. If the encounter is a battle, it will use the current settings of the Random Encounter Generator to make a battle, bringing up maps if biomes with maps are used.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Clock-Adjuster

Sorry, wrong thread.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by xTheCanadian; February 20th, 2021 at 18:11.

Can this be used to scale existing encounters? I know I can manually drag all the same NPCs from the Encounter sheet into your tool, but I'd love to just drag the encounter link in and have it automatically scale, given the players in the Combat Tracker -- is that possible?

Updated to support Bonus Action list for NPCs when using the feature compatibility with NPC Maker 5E

I think the DM's Guild link is dead

Thread Information