5E Character Create Playlist

Mac OS requirements

My whole play group pledged for the Kickstarter, and are now in the process of switching our campaigns from FGC to FGU. Unfortunately, it turns out that my brother's Mac is quite old, and is running the last OS with which it is compatible - El Capitan (10.11.6). The FGU installer requires Mac OS Sierra (10.12) or later, which cannot run on his machine. Does this mean my group can't use FGU unless my brother buys a new Mac (which he can't afford to at the moment)?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Callum View Post
    My whole play group pledged for the Kickstarter, and are now in the process of switching our campaigns from FGC to FGU. Unfortunately, it turns out that my brother's Mac is quite old, and is running the last OS with which it is compatible - El Capitan (10.11.6). The FGU installer requires Mac OS Sierra (10.12) or later, which cannot run on his machine. Does this mean my group can't use FGU unless my brother buys a new Mac (which he can't afford to at the moment)?
    Yes. Or he could buy a PC...

So it's really completely impossible to get FGU running on a Mac with Mac OS El Capitan (10.11.6)? There's no cunning workaround?

Yes, that's correct. FGU requires OSX 10.13 or newer.

Regards,
    JPG

Okay - thanks, JPG.

Perhaps you can use Parallel desktop (an old version) and run a win10 virtual machine. It's less expensive than a new PC.
    Last edited by Chris CB; October 31st, 2020 at 12:29.
    ---
    Fantasy Cartographer
    Instragram : @chris.rpgmapsArtstationYoutubeDeviantArtFacebook

Composer
    Torone's websiteYoutube channel

Photographer
    Et Des Images

I use Parallels with Windows to run FG Classic for the Dm and game that still uses that.

So the reverse scenario, but its functional.

Mind you, that is on a new 2020iMac with10 i9 Core, so milage may vary on an older machine.

there are some work-arounds out there for forcing an old Mac to update to a newer OS.

One of my friends tried it on his old Macbook and rendered it useless and we had to back track and re-install his original OS

It MIGHT work if the hardware is right, but the best option is to save up and upgrade his, what, ten year plus? old mac?

Has he tried boot camp? He’ll need some space for a Windows partition, + a copy of windows os. This link provides details of how to install Win10, which also isn’t supported by El Capitan.

Win7/8 is though.

https://apple.stackexchange.com/ques...windows-10-iso

Thread Information