DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Suggestion thread for official Pathfinder modules

Greetings,

This may be deemed a tad presumptuous, but I thought that a Suggestions Thread as an analog to the Bug Report Thread would make sense. That way, the Bug Report thread could be kept free of the kind of clutter that this kind of thread might attract.

MODS: Feel free to either: 1) Make this thread a sticky; or 2) Delete this thread with prejudice, if you don't appreciate its premise; or 3) Just ignore this altogether because it's pointless and unimportant.

That's it. We'll see what comes.

- s.west

Reserving the second Post for the possibility of Future expansion, or guidelines, or... whatever might come.

- s.west

Not sure what suggestions you’re expecting. Is it suggestions for functionality in existing modules? Is it suggestions for conversions of new modules? Can you expand on your intent for this thread please?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Yeah, good question.

My own thinking revolved around functionality, organization, etc.

For instance, let's say that in some document there's a collection of rumors but they aren't explicitly organized, in the document itself, into something like a rollable table. Someone might like that as an extra feature.

Or, let's say that there's a block of text that has been simply reproduced as a block, but, based on its content, might have instead been broken out into individual Story entries that could be shared, individually, with a GM's players.

These are both examples that have already arisen in my own mind for what I'm working on. So, it's stuff like that. I could think of a few more, but hopefully that communicates the idea.

However, I hadn't thought about the other aspect that you brought up: Suggestions for new documents to Adapt. I don't know if such a thread exists, but it certainly seems worthy.

That's all I have for now. I could probably come up with some additional examples, if you like, but I just had a gut feeling that there might be an appetite for this out there. But, if this doesn't strike a chord with anyone, or if there is already some mechanism to allow for this kind of thing, then so be it and delete away.

And thanks for eliciting some clarification, Trenloe.

Cheers,

- s.west

PFRPG Core Rules - Request for Feature

Ok, here's a legitimate Suggestion, or Request for Feature -

Fantasy Grounds Adapted Document: PFRPG Core Rules
    Page # in Source Document: 420
    FG Reference Manual location: Sample Traps
    Description of the relevant material:

There are 33 sample/example Traps included in this section of the Source document. In the FG Reference Manual, these Traps have been individually formatted and each placed on its own RM Page.

Suggestion/Request for Feature:

Create the genuine article for each of these Sample Traps, and populate PFRPG Core Rules' NPCs list with them so that a DM could:

1. Use them directly in a Campaign; or
    2. Copy and modify the traps for their own purposes.

Thanks,

- s.west

(NB: The Official Pathfinder Modules Bug Report Thread is, well, Official, and is monitored to make sure Bugs are addressed by the person that did the Adaptation, or whoever has maintenance responsibility for it. Hopefully, the person who did the Adaptation for PFRPG Core Rules will see this... ??)

PFRPG GameMastery Guide - Request for Feature

Fantasy Grounds Adapted Document: PFRPG GameMastery Guide
    Page # in Source Document: Chapter 7: Adventures -> (Numerous pages)
    FG Reference Manual location: CHAPTER 07: ADVENTURE -> (various Random Encounter Tables)
    Description of the relevant material:

There is an impressive collection of Randomized tables in the GameMastery Guide (~130, or so). Of particular interest are the Random Encounter Tables, of which there are 36, in "Chapter 7: Adventures", e.g.:

Table 7-8: Dragon's Lair
    Table 7-9: Goblin Den
    Table 7-10: Graveyard/Necropolis

The Random Encounter Tables from the Source document have been reproduced in the FG Reference Manual as Formatted Text (Table), with some small number of the group (3 or 4) placed on a single FG RM Page. As RM pages, nothing can be done with the content (no drag'n'drop, etc.), and so they are only available to be read from, and manually rolled against.

Suggestion/Request for Feature:

Create Rollable Random Encounter Tables, complete with usable content (i.e. Encounter records), and populate the GameMastery Guide's Tables list with them so that the DM might actually generate a Random Encounter by just clicking on the Table.

Thanks,

- s.west

Quote Originally Posted by swest View Post
    There is an impressive collection of Randomized tables in the GameMastery Guide (~130, or so). Of particular interest are the Random Encounter Tables
    The Random Encounter Tables from the Source document have been reproduced in the FG Reference Manual as Formatted Text (Table), with some small number of the group (3 or 4) placed on a single FG RM Page. As RM pages, nothing can be done with the content (no drag'n'drop, etc.), and so they are only available to be read from, and manually rolled against.
    Also Weather and so many more that would really benefit from this.
    I assume that GameMastery Guide was created before rollable tables were as developed as they are now (or at least I hope so as that is better than just skipping them arbitrarily).

Might make sense to change the title though if it's not official thread?

That would be indeed very cool to have all the tables as rollable tables

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Also Weather and so many more that would really benefit from this.
    I assume that GameMastery Guide was created before rollable tables were as developed as they are now (or at least I hope so as that is better than just skipping them arbitrarily).

Might make sense to change the title though if it's not official thread?
    The thread is about "Official Pathfinder Modules"... it's not the thread that I'm saying is official, its the modules it refers to that are official.

- s.west

Ah, perhaps "Suggestions for Official Pathfinder Modules" then?
    It would be more clear, given that the official threads use the "Official Pathfinder ... Thread" format to refer to an official threads.

Thread Information