DICE PACKS BUNDLE

No art/plain style mapping tiles?

I have picked up these map tile packs, crypt, docks, castle, city.
    Really like building out with these more than free hand line drawing it all. particularly getting the LoS layer auto-spanked as i go is a nice time saver.

However i have a personal POV that had me wishing for this exact kind of functionally same tile set, but with no art work at all. To make tile based maps that would look more like line drawn maps like this with no art style and done in a monochrome(a way to change up the color from map to map would be cool, but looking for little/no explicit "style" tiles.
    Also only looking for info on Unity LoS baked in stuff or how to convert a not unity LoS set into a Unity LoS set if that can be done, or how to make unity LoS tiles form scratch myself.

Thanks for any time you got.

Basically as a long campaign sandbox GM, I want to leverage the power of the players' imaginations. If i show them a detailed art style tile set for a big dungeon, I will feel very odd about reusing that same tile set a few IRL months later for a whole different dungeon hundreds of miles away somewhere else in the world. Just not my style is all this about. Subjective and personal goals to achieve, not critiquing anything here.

I want to present the majority of my maps on plain no art tiles, so i can give descriptions, but the players will each imagine it as they like to best, and will personally imagine a different dungeon else where in the world a bit differently all on their own.
    I'll just use the fancy art tiles for major set piece battles, and reoccurring important locations for the players. While day to day map needs would have no specific flavor/art style of their own, but still be the tile set that is so wonderfully convenient to work with.

Thanks for anything along these lines anyone can point me to.
    I've come up empty handed on my own so far to find a Unity no art map tile set.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by A Social Yeti; October 30th, 2020 at 01:29. Reason: spelling and format corections

Moved to it's own thread, as the subject of this post really had little to do with the AAW map pack thread it was posted in. If you want to discuss something that isn't completely the same as the thread you're posting in, please start a new thread. Thanks.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    There are some on Drive Thru; https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...-Pack-1-BUNDLE

Of course they don't have LOS in them, but you could make your own assets out of them with LOS built in. I suspect you can find others on Patreon etc, but I'm not aware of them.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Actually, I just realized that Campaign Cartographer has a bunch built in, they call them Geomorphs. Again, no LOS, but the assets are all there.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

This would be incredibly easy to do inside of FGU with just the built-in drawing tools and a white background. Using the default line paint tool set to black you are able to paint lines and snap to the grid by holding the Ctrl/Cmnd button.
    I would be happy to show you how to achieve this on my Image Streams, which would be much easier than my trying to type out a full list of instructions. I stream art-related FGU tutorials and demonstrations every Saturday at 3 pm Eastern time on our Twitch Channel.

One additional note- painted lines also generate LOS automatically in FGU with the press of a button making it an even easier solution.
    Last edited by jwatmough; October 29th, 2020 at 20:32.

thanks for the info, follow up question

Are there any good tutorials out there, on how i would make my own tile set that functions like those in the OP example with LoS for unity?

Thanks for yalls time and effort,
    Yeti

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Moved to it's own thread, as the subject of this post really had little to do with the AAW map pack thread it was posted in. If you want to discuss something that isn't completely the same as the thread you're posting in, please start a new thread. Thanks.
    I have no clue what OSR means.

Quote Originally Posted by A Social Yeti View Post
    I have no clue what OSR means.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_School_Revival

Your original post still had little to do with the thread you posted in. In future please only participate in threads if your posts are completely relevant to the thread it's posted in. It's fine to start a new, unique thread. It will stop other people's thread getting off topic and will also allow you to select a title for your own thread - win/win!!!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_School_Revival

Your original post still had little to do with the thread you posted in. In future please only participate in threads if your posts are completely relevant to the thread it's posted in. It's fine to start a new, unique thread. It will stop other people's thread getting off topic and will also allow you to select a title for your own thread - win/win!!!
    no wonder some think blue maps that are not tile sets might satisfy.

Could you please replace OSR with "No art/plain", or grant me control over my own thread title.

I don't want old school stuff specifically. That is an art style to my eye, it says it wants to be old school, it wants the viewer to think old school. I'm just trying to actually not have a noticeable style to a tile set, for basic labyrinthine type dungeons that could potentially influence or override the imagination of the player.
    Last edited by A Social Yeti; October 29th, 2020 at 23:55.

no wonder some think blue maps that are not tile sets might satisfy.
    So far the replies you’ve had here are about blue tile sets and geomorps and painting in plain black and white. If you look past the blue aspect, these exactly match the screenshot you provided in your first post. It’s easy to convert blue to monochrome if that’s your issue.

Could you please replace OSR with "No art/plain", or grant me control over my own thread title.
    Absolutely! Even though you "own" the thread as your post is the first, once there’s been a few posts the title can’t be changed by anyone but a moderator. Yet another argument for creating your own thread to start off with, so you can get the title how you want it. I’m glad we’re clear on that point and have learned for the future. Thanks!

Thread Information