STAR TREK 2d20

Is there a way to organize windows in the workspace?

I just bought FGU ultimate and am going through the sample 5e tutorial. I have quickly found myself with lots of windows open and trying to drag them around to see the window underneath.
    1) Is there a place or list that shows all the open windows which I can navigate through?
    2) Is there a way to quickly tile the windows or organize them?

Thanks

You can drag links onto the hot key bar for later reference, and close the windows as you go.

There will be the capability to minimize windows to an icon on the tabletop before release.

There are no facilities to list or tile windows at this time.

Regards,
    JPG

Something I like to do is:
    • Create Story Groups of windows i want in a particular position.
    • Place one story element in the position i want it.
    • Go through every story element in that group using the arrows at the bottom of the first story element.

In the future, all story elements in that group will appear in that position. Helps keep my screen somewhat clean by making sure they appear where i expect and in the same exact position.

Bonus points if you use a programmable keyboard to very rapidly spam a mouse click on the first story element so it goes through all the other story elements in seconds.
    Fantasy Grounds Unity Lives! Good job, Smiteworks!

There were a couple of YT videos I watched for tips on window placement -- basically, which windows you can 'stack' in the same position because you'll likely never need them at the same time and which should get their own spot. Might help a bit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1Pr2v0f1d4
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0ne9bDmhSM
    How to Be a GURPS GM, author
    Game Geekery, Blog (GURPS combat examples, fillable PDF sheets, rules summaries, campaigns and one-shots, intro for beginners)
    Discord, unofficial GURPS hangout and real-time chat

Blog Entries
    My suggestion?
    After you use an entry - close it.
    It takes less clicks to find it from the source than it does to click thru 20 open windows.

Quote Originally Posted by Three of Swords View Post
    Something I like to do is:
    • Create Story Groups of windows i want in a particular position.
    • Place one story element in the position i want it.
    • Go through every story element in that group using the arrows at the bottom of the first story element.

In the future, all story elements in that group will appear in that position. Helps keep my screen somewhat clean by making sure they appear where i expect and in the same exact position.
    This, exactly this. FGU need the ability to set the size and location of a window type and all future windows will remember that when created. IE: All items have the same position and dimension. All characters have the same position and dimension but the option to save new positions and arrangements as needed. Docking windows like in Photoshop would also be very useful. As it stands right now FGU's internal window management is completely non existent and even worse, it randomly repositions windows when creating new instances rather than always overlapping. It's a total mess!

Thread Information