STAR TREK 2d20

Savage Worlds Sub-Powers

I'm not sure if this is specific to the Savage Worlds ruleset, but...
    When creating a sub-power I'm unable to click on the box to bring up the edit window. Normally, the icon changes and you can click on it, but not with a sub-power. Adding the relevant information can be done, however, if the power does damage, users are unable to add the dice.
    I've confirmed that when creating a Sub-attack users (specifically, me) are able to click on the edit box to make changes.

I have been able to recreate this with no modules or extensions loaded.

FGU Version: 4.0.0 ULTIMATE (2020-10-22)
    Windows version 10
    Ruleset: Savage Worlds
    Campaigns created in FGU
    Region is United States

Thanks,
    Richard

Hi

Hm, sounds like a Savage Worlds specific question, so, maybe better to ask in its subforum

Quote Originally Posted by AldritchPlupp View Post
    I'm not sure if this is specific to the Savage Worlds ruleset, but...
    When creating a sub-power I'm unable to click on the box to bring up the edit window. Normally, the icon changes and you can click on it, but not with a sub-power. Adding the relevant information can be done, however, if the power does damage, users are unable to add the dice.
    I've confirmed that when creating a Sub-attack users (specifically, me) are able to click on the edit box to make changes.

I have been able to recreate this with no modules or extensions loaded.

FGU Version: 4.0.0 ULTIMATE (2020-10-22)
    Windows version 10
    Ruleset: Savage Worlds
    Campaigns created in FGU
    Region is United States

Thanks,
    Richard
    This is by design but I can see that there is graphical glitch which shows the "link" button on right side of sub-powers which should not be there.

In case of Powers, that link opens Power Sheet which represents general details about the Power (not how to attack works). If you drag-and-dropped Power from library into character sheet, that link open Power record which is "hard-locked" (non-editable) because it points to the library module. In case of Sub-Powers, that link should not be shown because you can reference the Power description from the "main" Power's link.

When you want to setup attack information for each Power you can do that with Right Click -> Attack info (the same works for Weapons/Attacks). That opens sheet that you can freely edit and input all necessary attack and damage etc.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Thread Information