FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 3 of 8 First 12345 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Official products are generally limited to the artwork within the paper/pdf product and they usually do not contain unique/enough images for every NPC/monster entry unfortunately - this is common across most games out there.

I have made a bunch of tokens. All of the PCs, and many of the NPCs in the released scenarios have art. And I took any and every face I could find that was token worthy in all the other pics and made tokens of them hehe. Anyone breaking these huge maps into smaller (see manageable...) chunks and maybe adding LOS?
    i3ullseye

~ You're pretty good, but me? I'm magic!

Ultimate License holder

Hey there, great system and setup.

We just ran our first game and we were all shocked at how few 6's were rolled. it didn't seem to matter how many dice anyone rolled.

Did you guys write your own roller? If so, can you maybe put in a slider or setting for brutality?

It's pretty hard for players to enjoy themselves when they fail at everything all the time.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptGetSome View Post

We just ran our first game and we were all shocked at how few 6's were rolled. it didn't seem to matter how many dice anyone rolled.

Did you guys write your own roller? If so, can you maybe put in a slider or setting for brutality?

It's pretty hard for players to enjoy themselves when they fail at everything all the time.

Thanks.
    I agree that YZE sometimes can be harsh, especially when the pool of D6s is small. We have same frustration in Coriolis and this is where the push mechanics come into play. And increasing the relevant skills.

Alien is using FG to roll all the dice as every other ruleset.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptGetSome View Post

Thanks.
    I had FG roll 1million d6s consecutively with the following results:

#1 Rolled: 165801 Occurrence: 16%
    #2 Rolled: 177194 Occurrence: 17%
    #3 Rolled: 164340 Occurrence: 16%
    #4 Rolled: 173570 Occurrence: 17%
    #5 Rolled: 155657 Occurrence: 15%
    #6 Rolled: 163438 Occurrence: 16%
    Total Number of Rolls: 1000000
    Sum of all Rolls: 3466402
    Average of all Rolls: 3.466402

Thanks for that testing, 'damned'.

I have no doubt that the true averages of dice are real, and reflects the reality of a random effect. And I fully agree that the stress system and Push roll is a great mechanic and fits perfectly into the setting.

I guess what I am saying is that the increased attribute or skill level doesn't have a direct effect on the average roll outcome. Meaning a character with a 5 STR and a 3 Heavy Machinery will roll 8 d6 and get no 6's. Okay, that can happen, no problem. Now that character spends xp to increase either his STR or HM skill by one which reflects time and effort into the character and now he rolls 9 d6 and still gets no 6's. That feels bad.

We all know adding an extra d6 does in fact increase the potential to roll a 6 but it doesn't exactly come across as if the character is heading towards mastering a skill/stat.

If there was perhaps a way to increase the odds by even an extra 1% with a skill/stat bump it would give the impression of building on competence. Or if rolling three or more 5's became a partial success? I don't know.

We really like the system and it clearly shows that a ton of work went into it. It's fluid, very easy to understand and we will definitely continue playing.

Thanks for listening.

Would it be possible to actually enable the "Chat: Show GM rolls" from the options menu? A string of unlucky rolls (or lucky depending on your POV) and my players have started questioning the actual results.

Hi, gbhenderson, can you clarify under what conditions the GM rolls are not displayed? Attached is screenshot that shows hidden and visible GM rolls and this is controlled by the swtich in Options.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hey Valyar, regarding the image you posted, the screen on the left is all our group can get.

One of my players logged in on his ruleset yesterday, and he had the same issue.

We've gotta just be missing a setting somewhere if it's working for you. I'll keep dinking around with it and see if I can get it to work.

For the record, it did work when we originally started playing.

I did another test on a reference virtual machine where I have the LIVE version of the ruleset (1.5.1) and the outcome is the same - "Chat: Show GM rolls" work as expected when I npc/pc rolls.
    Have you updated FGC/U to receive latest CoreRPG and Alien rulest?
    Have you disabled all extensions?

Thread Information