DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: I broke it...

Thanks for sticking with this. I was finally able to recreate the issue, once I knew what to look at specifically. I'll push the fix with the next build.

In the future, if you can provide exact steps to recreate in a new campaign with a short example, that will be the quickest way to get things fixed up.

Regards,
    JPG

We are all speaking the same language here, and yes you guys are describing the problem correctly.

Apologies for confusion with the “extension” terminology- I originally thought it was my fiddling around that was to blame.

So, as explained above, it’s SUPPOSED to work that the result of a call like [Table A] will also be called to replace a reference of <Table A>. Now, the <Table A> reference is not working at all, it doesn’t get replaced with the original call’s results.

Example:
    Should work as:
    In template:
    [Dog Type Table], <Dog Type Table>.
    In generated result:
    Husky, Husky.

How it currently functions:
    In template:
    [Dog Type Table], <Dog Type Table>.
    In generated result:
    Husky, <Dog Type Table>.

This happens while I am in a 5e campaign with zero extensions or modules loaded. Stock.
    Last edited by JimSocks; October 28th, 2020 at 19:30.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    once I knew what to look at specifically. I'll push the fix with the next build.
    Again sorry for the confusion. You posted as I was writing the post above, though it does contain an example if that helps.

But... while you are in there... if you wanted to add a little functionality by allowing us to <reference|2> specific columns of a previously rolled table, that’d be crazy cool lol.

Here’s my post chronicle-ing my attempt to do so with layperson skills and zero success:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...es-Help-needed

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Oki, it is long ago that I did anything with tables, but the <>-brackets actually refer to some result of the corresponding roll on a table, isn't it? In order that this works it is important that there are actually results generated by square brackets ( [] these) . Nowhere in the screenshot I can see that these were used (or I confuse both type of brackets, or I do not see their call in the screenshot)
    The name in the title of the story templates were originally the [] bracketed results. those are the results that should've been pulled into the < > tagged areas. Some of the other portions that have flavor text are also some of the [] bracketed results.

I just showed the end result after I hit "generate" on the story template in the screenshot to illustrate the <> are not also being populated like the [] bracketed info was.
    Fantasy Grounds D&D Adventurers League Consultant
    Organizer, DungeonMaster , and TTRPG Gamer

Quote Originally Posted by viviolay View Post
    The name in the title of the story templates were originally the [] bracketed results. those are the results that should've been pulled into the < > tagged areas. Some of the other portions that have flavor text are also some of the [] bracketed results.

I just showed the end result after I hit "generate" on the story template in the screenshot to illustrate the <> are not also being populated like the [] bracketed info was.
    ah, now I understand

Just got home, opened a brand new 5e campaign with no extensions or modules loaded. Created a test table and a test story template. Broken. I'll attach a picture for reference.

(Note: the vertical line inside the text of the <reference> of the story template is just my cursor)

storytemplateissue.JPG
    Last edited by JimSocks; October 29th, 2020 at 01:45.

ugh.. dual posted... how to delete... hmm

at any rate... see the post just above this one.
    Last edited by JimSocks; October 29th, 2020 at 01:46.

This just in:

It appears story templates are broken on every system using CoreRPG as an underlying ruleset! Here is a screenshot of an AlienRPG campaign I made just to check this: (note: no extensions or mods. It's a blank campaign I made just to test this)

alienrpg4.JPG

As I mentioned in post #11, I found the issue, and scheduled for the next release. (which just happened)

Regards,
    JPG

I saw that today! Looks like it was the changing of how unity reads Unicode, and it didn’t recognize the reference characters < and > as &Lt and &gt?

I see now there is a check to see if it is unity, and if so use a different reference to those characters.

As a bonus, now that the base code works- I’ve been able to test my extension code more and started making some strides!

Thanks Moonwizard

Thread Information