STAR TREK 2d20

Thread: new effects

new effects

Hi, just to say that I really like the effects masks, it is a massive improvement! So is the possibility to adjust the effects.
    Some quick questions though: how many effects are stackable? Can I put all the effects on my map and use caches for all of them?
    Will it be more effects? I would happily use a sparkling effect for torches, fires and magic for example.
    If you plan to add more effects will it be free, integrated on the art pack or a fixed fee per effect?
    Thanks for all the awesome work.

Some answers to your questions:
    * We haven't decided yet how new effects will be made available or when.
    * FX layers are full screen effects that require programming for each effect.
    * Screen effects actually force a new render pass in the UI, so less effect layers is better from a performance perspective. (i.e. use multiple mask regions, instead of multiple mask layers with one mask each)
    * A separate feature request that has already been submitted for FGU is for animated graphics, which is an alternate approach to adding torch/magic movement visuals.

Regards,
    JPG

I would like to suggest 2 effects:
    * Night
    * Color

The first one would make the map with night aspect. FoundryVTT and Astral already have something like this.

The second would be a plain color effect, with variable hue and opacity. I realized it in my last session. It would be useful to create regions in a regional or world map, for example.
    - - -
    FG Classic / FG Unity Ultimate
    Playing D&D 5th

I have created an "idea" for a NightFX layer here so maybe worth voting on? https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=134463

At the moment I am manually adding a night filter to all of my maps and saving it separately. Having this would be a huge time saving.
    www.accidentaldm.com - The diary of a Newbie DM

Quote Originally Posted by fabiocm View Post
    I would like to suggest 2 effects:
    * Night
    * Color

The first one would make the map with night aspect. FoundryVTT and Astral already have something like this.

The second would be a plain color effect, with variable hue and opacity. I realized it in my last session. It would be useful to create regions in a regional or world map, for example.
    At least the colour is already doable in some sense Add some homogeneous colour "block" as tile as a separate layer, then adjust its colour and opacity in the settings of the image sidebar Put that layer for example at the top such that it colours everything (Probably the same method Rylan mentioned)

Thread Information