Starfinder Playlist
  1. #1

    Is it possible to disable update for certain products?

    Hello,

    I'm using FGU more and more and getting more products. It is a superb product, however, the more things I get the more update checks are taking the time. I have around 6 starter sets that I do not use, I am not using any of D&D or Fate modules. Sometimes it is taking extra 10 minutes to download all of the Pathfinder and D&D updates I do not even use and have no intention to use. Is there a way to disable update checks maybe disable them from being loaded in the first place? FGU handles Images in a way that all I see is clutter from the modules I got to test a system or an adventure I do not intent to GM for quite some time.

    If I'm asking too much, I'm offering my humble apologies.

  2. #2
    I do not know of a way to disable it updating everything. It should only update products that have changed since your last update. As a rule of thumb most products that are older do not get regular updates. I could see this as being a bigger problem if they did disable things like this because when you finally did get around to using something you could think it was broke only to find out the problem you are experiencing was fixed multiple patches ago.

    If you were able to disabled it how many of us would go back and remember we did it and how to undo it.

    Since it does not force you to update I normally kick off an update before I grab a meal before I start playing. This way I am up to date and I did not have to sit there and watch it.
    If you want a Wishlist in the Fantasy grounds store klick the link and upvote it.
    http://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=118601

  3. #3
    LordEntrails's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    -7 UTC
    Posts
    12,745
    Blog Entries
    9
    You're not asking too much. There is no way to do what you want. I believe the devs have considered it and are worried that if they implemented such a feature it would lead to a slew of support tickets from people who disabled certain updates and then are complaining about broken or non-updated products (because they forgot they disabled updates!)

    Note that even though the update checks everything, it does only update those things that have changed. And once we are out of Early Access, actual products being updated should slow down. So, after early access, when the devs will have more time to look at the issue, it probably won't be an issue anymore :O

  4. #4
    Zacchaeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    15,017
    If you aren't using D&D for example the only thing that would get updated would be the ruleset since that comes with the license.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea to the wish list http://fg2app.idea.informer.com/

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Granamere View Post
    I do not know of a way to disable it updating everything. It should only update products that have changed since your last update. As a rule of thumb most products that are older do not get regular updates. I could see this as being a bigger problem if they did disable things like this because when you finally did get around to using something you could think it was broke only to find out the problem you are experiencing was fixed multiple patches ago.

    If you were able to disabled it how many of us would go back and remember we did it and how to undo it.

    Since it does not force you to update I normally kick off an update before I grab a meal before I start playing. This way I am up to date and I did not have to sit there and watch it.
    I do the same, mostly once on the day of the game and once an hour before the game.


    Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    You're not asking too much. There is no way to do what you want. I believe the devs have considered it and are worried that if they implemented such a feature it would lead to a slew of support tickets from people who disabled certain updates and then are complaining about broken or non-updated products (because they forgot they disabled updates!)

    Note that even though the update checks everything, it does only update those things that have changed. And once we are out of Early Access, actual products being updated should slow down. So, after early access, when the devs will have more time to look at the issue, it probably won't be an issue anymore :O
    I do hope so, least for D&D products as they came with the FGU and they are kind of redundant.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    If you aren't using D&D for example the only thing that would get updated would be the ruleset since that comes with the license.
    Indeed and they get updates 4 times a week but it looks like I would have to live with it =)

  6. #6
    You could setup a trigger on the updater to run late in the evening once a week also.
    Paul Grosse
    PCGen BoD
    PR Silverback

  7. #7
    With the new updates to FGU, all the modules are getting updated with one check, no more individual checks, and it is LIGHT SPEED! Way to go!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Joshua Stream Pre

Log in

Log in