FG Spreadshirt Swag

Demoralize automation

Can anyone recommend the best way to automate Demoralize?

Ya sorta cant, the normal procedure for PF1e, 3.5 and 5e is the target rolls their SAVE (will) against DC of the instigator "attack".

PF2e is asking the instigator to roll against the TARGET's Will DC (Their Will+10). (the other way around)

The original ruleset PFRPG2 is based off (3.5) just wasn't built that way (in fact the complete opposite).

For the moment It's pretty much manual. (there is a way sorta; but it involves a bit to tedious jiggery and doesn't really work out quite mathematically right)

This whole thing needs a good looking at and rewriting I think....
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

Things like this are being slowly developed. The VsDC NPC automation available now is the first step in this process.

Until then, handle it manually - roll a skill check, compare with the target DC, then apply the relevant effect based off the success level.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

As Trenloe said, currently there's no was to roll a skill check vs a DC.

You can make an automation where the enemy rolls a will saving throw verse your skill DC with a custom spell and get mathematically the same outcome odds though, if all your interested in is automation to speed up the flow of combat.

I made a similar post (with the exact same thread title lol) if you want to see my work around/check my math.

Quote Originally Posted by Pawn View Post
    As Trenloe said, currently there's no was to roll a skill check vs a DC.

You can make an automation where the enemy rolls a will saving throw verse your skill DC with a custom spell and get mathematically the same outcome odds though, if all your interested in is automation to speed up the flow of combat.

I made a similar post (with the exact same thread title lol) if you want to see my work around/check my math.
    Warning using this method though, any save bonuses will trigger (when they shouldn't) and any skill bonuses won't trigger (when they should)

Thread Information