DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Thread: Effect DC

Effect DC

My GM and I noticed that in the effects window for spell/ability effect there is a section called Effect DC, what does this do? I cannot find anything about it on the Wiki or a cursory google search. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Syfodyaz View Post
    My GM and I noticed that in the effects window for spell/ability effect there is a section called Effect DC, what does this do? I cannot find anything about it on the Wiki or a cursory google search. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    I "think" (for time being) it's used for PERS: Which is default DC:15 flat check, but if you want it to be something else put it in here.
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

It was added in release 16. Here's the link

And a quote for the relevant section

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post

Effect additions

There are a couple of additions to the effect functionality in release 16:
    1. The ability to track a DC related to the effect.
    2. The ability to set on effect to decrement the duration at the end of the turn, not the start.

These are covered in the final section of the video linked in post #1.

Effect DC

A related DC can now be set in the effect details window (#1 above) or in the CT once the effect has been applied (#3 above).

In the effect window there are different options for the DC: Fixed, Spell/Class DC, CL, CL/2 and Flat Check. Fixed and Flat Check require a number to be entered in the number field (#2 in the screenshot above). Spell/Class DC, CL and CL/2 take a base value from the spell class header and then a modifier can be applied in the number field (#3). Spell/Class DC = 10 + the Spell Roll value in the spell section header, CL = 10 + the CL value in the CL field in the spell section header +the ability modifier set in the spell section header, CL/2 = 10 + half the CL value in the CL field in the spell section header + the ability modifier set in the spell section header.

Note: For any effect other than PERS, the DC set in the effect is purely for information only. It provides information to the players and GM about any DC value related to the effect. For example, the DC needed to escape from the grabbed condition, the save DC needed for an ongoing damage effect (DMGO, not PERS). For effects other then PERS, there's no automation attached to these (yet), they are just for reference so that the DC related to the effect is readily available if actions are taken to address the condition/effect.

The "Extra traits" section in the Effect DC details window doesn't do anything. It will be removed in release 17.

Thread Information