FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 5 of 5 First ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by dberkompas View Post
    Playing around with:
    item.definition.isContainer == true

Looks promising.

Dave

Note: JSON fail. I created a character, put some things in the backpack, and pulled the JSON, and nothing that was in the Backpack showed up in the JSON data.

How very odd.

Possibly because the inventory feature is relatively new, and the JSON generation is legacy?
    So after digging and trying I figured something out. So the JSON generation is release. The new inventory system is a beta and not included in the release of the JSON file. So there is not a way that I have yet figured out to get the beta JSON version. I'll keep trying.

fantasy grounds is not just DND, there is lots of paizo, call of chtulu, savage worlds, and may more other RPGS which use the platform, making FG focus entirely on dnd would lose a large base of other users

Quote Originally Posted by dredcobar View Post
    Now that Wizards has absorbed D&D Beyond would it not be pertinent for FG to get on the band wagon to provide more support for that app?
    I am thinking import of characters into FG, export into my D&D Beyond account, and the wildest dream the control of my character moves, rolls, etc... from the D&D Beyond app itself.
    Guys whichever VTT gets there first will probably be the next mission for Wizards to "absorb" or be absorbed by...
    I hope FG fusion with Steam, which I embraced, has led to an expanded FG "empire"...
    Keep up the great work there!

Sincerely,
    Dred
    No offense but I think Fantasy Grounds is a bigger program that supports a lot of different games even ones that are not from Wizards. It would be awesome but it would be detrimental for the others that are not under the umbrella of Wizards.

Blog Entries
    Now that Wizards has absorbed D&D Beyond would it not be pertinent for FG to get on the band wagon to provide more support for that app?
    I am thinking import of characters into FG, export into my D&D Beyond account, and the wildest dream the control of my character moves, rolls, etc... from the D&D Beyond app itself.
    Guys whichever VTT gets there first will probably be the next mission for Wizards to "absorb" or be absorbed by...
    I hope FG fusion with Steam, which I embraced, has led to an expanded FG "empire"...
    Keep up the great work there!

Sincerely,
    Dred
    It would require a license for that to happen. And probably not one WotC desires to give at this time. It would also require significant developer resources, both from FG and DDB. And bth apps have enough on the plate for the developers that I can't see either prioritizing such.

Anything is possible in the future, but for now, I don't see this happening.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

whichever VTT gets there first will probably be the next mission for Wizards to "absorb" or be absorbed by...
    That would be a very sad day. I much prefer FG being a separate entity and wouldn't want to see them be absorbed by WotC.

D&D Beyond has no import facility that I'm aware of. The way to get D&D Beyond characters into Fantasy Grounds is to use the tool from this thread - https://beyond2fantasygrounds.com/

Smiteworks, the creators of Fantasy Grounds, already have a license from WotC to convert all of their content to the FG VTT. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...t=1#TopSellers

D&D Beyond has been moving towards being a VTT for a couple of years, which is something that Wizards has tried before without success, so the buyout will either work out well for D&DBeyond or be a complete disaster, only time will tell.
    Come visit the Grim Press discord
    Giveaways, Games and a friendly community.

Thread Information