FG Spreadshirt Swag

How are others handling Runes / Magic Items?

For the first 10 levels I was handling it with an spellcasting class called "items", and it worked okay but now my players are at a point where they are collecting more and more runes, items and such and it is getting bogged down / messy.
    Does anyone have a better solution that they have been using?

I never thought I would miss the 5e item forge, but boy would that be useful in FG; that and effects on items.

Also, is the PF2e ruleset missing an ability to adjust crit range? I could have sworn it was there, but I may be remembering other rulesets.

If you are talking about weapon and armor runes, I've done the same thing - applying that which can be permanently affixed to the items themselves and for those properties that are more unique to special circumstances, as a "spell" with the appropriate effect associated.

If players don't like having their character sheets "weighed down" by the additional item slots, you might want to consider using the Effects in the upper right and putting in simple adjustments effects that anyone can use. Here's a quick example:

Players (and GMs) alike can then apply those actions as they see fit.

Hope that helps or even hope someone has a better solution!

SR
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

Shade so those effects are actor specific? So if I the DM click on one it will apply that effect on the token which I have active (regardless of initiative order?

Yeah. You can also drag and drop those on any participant on the Combat Tracker. Players can as well.
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

Thread Information