DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Arrows showing distance moved/to move

Hi all,

I was watching a video from the FGU college thingy and they showed characters moving with distance arrows that showed how far they could move etc, but for the life of me i cant seem to get this feature to work - help doing so appreciated :-)

All the best

Steve

Right-click on a token on the map -> Lock Tokens

Or, if in edit mode and the "Play" image edit sidebar, select "Toggle Token Lock".
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks for the reply.

I dont get any option when the player right clicks but with the toggle on it is working - to a degree. The token only moves if the GM hits the little green arrow to allow it. Player right clicking and selecting the move icon does nothing.

So Im still doing something wrong me thinks !

The GM decides if all tokens are locked for movement or all tokens aren't locked. The players don't do anything to enabled/disable it.

Once tokens are locked, then all player token movement needs to be approved by the GM.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

oh right...on the video i saw im sure the players were just moving without the GM approving it.

Not sure im keen on the extra step of having to approve it all, but I guess its not that big a deal.

More info on token locking/approving movement in the Wiki here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...layer+Movement

The video you refer to was probably not using locked tokens for movement, but just drawing a pointer arrow for rough measurement. All users can quickly draw an arrow by holding down the left+right mouse buttons and dragging on the map. Briefly hold left+right mouse buttons to remove the arrow.

Thread Information