STAR TREK 2d20

FGU Spellcasting question

Hello, so last night we played our second game on Unity and it was terrific. Just we couldn't figure out one thing, for example we had Shield cantrip as a spell but when you clicked on the magnifying glass nothing appeared below it, like the man icon which says "+1 circumstance bonus to AC till your next turn" which you should be able to just drag right over from your actions tab on your character sheet over to combat tracker, but it was nowhere to be found? Any idea?

Blog Entries
    What ruleset? Can you provide screen shots of the spell action? Where did you drag the spell from?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Pf2e, we grabbed it from the Spells tab on the right hand side of screen. All of us players had the same experience. I don't have a screenshot right now, I may be able to get one a bit later on.

Blog Entries
    MOD: moved to PF2E forum, folks there will be able to answer your question with the most accuracy.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Spells in the DLC don't have effects hard coded into them. The PFRPG2 ruleset attempts to identify effects/actions based off the wording of the spell description. However, Paizo don't use repeatable wording for their spell/feature/ability descriptions, so it's extremely difficult to cover all possible cases. If an action doesn't appear, then you can manually add them - right-click on the spell in the PC actions tab. In this case, select Add Action -> Add Effect action and then code as needed.

You can also have a look at ShadeRaven's excellent Drag and Drop module that has a lot of data from the core rules setup with the actions hard coded.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

It does not look like the PF2E version of the spell has any automation, so if you are using that version of the spell you will have to apply the effects of shield manually.

There is, however, a module which has implemented a lot of action/power and spell automation:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ers-and-Spells

If you use the version of shield programmed in that module it will have automation to automatically apply AC/resistances when you cast it.

It's odd because when we use FGC it's all automated every spell almost has the man icon you can just drag onto combat tracker

Quote Originally Posted by Haggar View Post
    It's odd because when we use FGC it's all automated every spell almost has the man icon you can just drag onto combat tracker
    There's no difference between the automation in FGC and FGU, it's the same. As I explained in my post above, the ruleset makes an attempt to parse out actions and effects from the description of the spell, but this won't work for some due to the wording not being repeatable.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information