Starfinder Playlist
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    As far as I can tell, <modifiercontrol> is based on the 'modifiernumber' number template, and the getModifier() function is defined in 'template_modifiernumber.lua'

Thanks Dr. Deth, that helps. That also shows that my Dreamweaver needs to be properly configured to recognize lua files. I did a full search in my custom ruleset folder and it didn't find getModifier() in any file but charsheet_template.xml. This sheds a lot of light for me now!

Is there an error in the RuleSet Modification Guide with regards to icons??

On the Resources page of the guide, it says the icon tag looks like this:
    Code:
    <icon name="button_maps">icons/button_maps.png</icon>
    But, all of the icons in the d20 ruleset look like this:
    Code:
    <icon name="dmdieicon" file="icons/dmdie_icon.png" />
    I've also noticed inconsistencies in the way certain elements refer to things. For example, in the gameelements.xml the frame is referenced in different ways by different 'controls' - some with attributes, some with values...
    Code:
    <pollbox>
    		<frame name="diebox" />

<hotkeybar>
    		<frame>hotkeybox</frame>
    Is there a reason?

I have also seen this with <tabtarget>, both the following work:

Code:
    <tabtarget>
      <next>nextcontrol</next>
      <prev>prevcontrol</prev>
    </tabtarget>
    and

Code:
    <tabtarget next='nextcontrol' prev='prevcontrol'/>
    The second is much neater!

Stuart
    (Foen)

Could we have the RuleSet documentation and the user guide as PDF files. These can be read more easily offline.

Thanks

I *think* the differences are because some of them are still using the old FG1 syntax.
    Which seems to be accepted for some node types but not others (stringcontrol really threw me as it's still a valid node name but isn't linked to a database node, have to use stringfield instead)
    Last edited by Toadwart; May 30th, 2007 at 01:55.
    Work Less, Game More!

Quote Originally Posted by Nilliom
    Could we have the RuleSet documentation and the user guide as PDF files. These can be read more easily offline.
    I'm not sure if this is a function of IE7, Office 2007, or Acrobat but I have an option to export web pages from my browser to word, excel, and acrobat. This is what I did and then cleaned up/edited from there.

The officially preferred way of defining things now is to use elements instead of attributes. In many places, where the FG1 syntax (using an attribute) is equivalent to the FG2 syntax (using a child element with the same name), that is still allowed in order to ease the transfer at least a little bit.

The reference documentation should in most cases be the "right" way of doing things.
    Tero Parvinen
    Fantasy Grounds Guru

Has this documentation already been released as an offline version? I normally program things like this at work on my lunch our but my computer at work does not have an internet connection. I a have already placed fantasy grounds on the computer and started work on a rule set but without access the the documentation it is slow going. I can go page by page and capture the documentation but that will take a while. I just wanted to know if someone has already done this or if there is any official offline documentation already released?

I believe there are also tools out there to capture every link from a certain level down into an offline browsable mode.

But in specific are you referring to the Modification Guide or the Reference or both?

Thread Information