Starfinder Playlist

LUA Pattern matching issue with FGU versus FGC

I posted this in the Workshop but this should go here.

I noticed when parsing text from story entries that in FGC I would get a different result than if I ran it in FGU (same code).

The pattern match was this:
    Code:
    local sNoteText = DB.getValue(nodeStory,"text","");
    local nStart, nEnd = string.find(sNoteText,'<linklist>[^<]+<link class="imagewindow" recordname="[^\"]+">[^<]+</link>[^<]+</linklist>',1);
    (note the bold sections that will be missing in later examples)

Trying to match this:
    Code:
    					<p>Links here:</p>
    					<linklist>
    						<link class="imagewindow" recordname="image.id-00003">wizard-token</link>
    					</linklist>
    The pattern would match in FGC but not FGU.

Then I tried changing the FGU pattern matching to:
    Code:
    local nStart, nEnd = string.find(sNoteText,'<linklist><link class="imagewindow" recordname="[^\"]+">[^<]+</link></linklist>',1);
    At which point it matched in FGU... which seems to indicate that the "newline"chars in FGU are somehow ignored/removed/something.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Also, since in your example the "<link" is indented, wouldn't that mean that the whitespace was also ignored/removed/something?

Quote Originally Posted by gamerhawaii View Post
    Also, since in your example the "<link" is indented, wouldn't that mean that the whitespace was also ignored/removed/something?
    That's just how the xml file was formatted I copied it from.

FGC console log looks like this:
    Code:
    Runtime Notice: s'manager_author_adnd.lua' | s'createBlocks' | s'sNoteText' | s'
    <p>Links here:</p>
    <linklist>
    	<link class="imagewindow" recordname="image.id-00003">wizard-token</link>
    </linklist>'
    FGU console log looks like this:
    Code:
    [10/22/2020 11:09:59 AM] s'manager_author_adnd.lua' | s'createBlocks' | s'sNoteText' | s'<p>Add links below.</p><linklist><link class="imagewindow" recordname="image.id-00002">Image tsr</link></linklist>'
    As you can see, the FGU version doesn't have the actual newlines.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

The fragment support for the XML engine in FGU is different, and writes it in a more concise format.

Have you tried using '*', instead of '+' for matching in between tags?
    local nStart, nEnd = string.find(sNoteText,'<linklist>[^<]*<link class="imagewindow" recordname="[^\"]+">[^<]+</link>[^<]*</linklist>',1);

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    The fragment support for the XML engine in FGU is different, and writes it in a more concise format.

Have you tried using '*', instead of '+' for matching in between tags?
    local nStart, nEnd = string.find(sNoteText,'<linklist>[^<]*<link class="imagewindow" recordname="[^\"]+">[^<]+</link>[^<]*</linklist>',1);

Regards,
    JPG
    My memory recall suggests that when I tried that originally it would capture "<linklist>*"... and matching everything after that no matter what. I'll test it tomorrow and see if my memory is correct.

For now, what I've done is create 2 patterns, one for FGC and one for FGU. Based on the version running it uses the correct one. I posted here as you had once said you'd like to see reports on different behaviors between FGC/FGU.
    Last edited by celestian; October 23rd, 2020 at 08:18.
    ---

Thread Information