DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Curse of Strahd - Grid Alignment

I'm preparing to run the Curse of Strahd adventure in Fantasy Grounds Classic. I've done a spot check of several maps (Death House, Werewolf Den, etc.) and am noting the Fantasy Ground grid doesn't align with the squares already on the map. I was able to find a copy of Death House online. Using the map align utility:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...gn-map-to-grid

I was able to fix the alignment of the underlying grid.

A few questions:

1. Are there plans to fix this map alignment issue in the DLC for FGC?

This would be much preferred since fixing the maps aren't a big deal but redoing all the pins on the map is a pain... Unless there is some trick of which I'm not aware.

2. If not, is there a way to extract the maps from the .dat file (or some alternate way to get them all - or at least the ones that can be fixed...castle ravenloft at its 45 degree angles is presumably a lost cause)?

This would at least save me from having to find copies of everything online when I already have digital versions.

If this is fixed in FGU, no need to answer the above (unless you feel it would help others), just tell me it is fixed and I'll do some spot checks there and force my players to do the swap. I already have an FGU license...

Blog Entries
    Mr Z will probably see this here and get it into the queue to fix. If he doesn't (or someone else) respond within 24 hours, then post this info in this thread; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...reports-(2020)

That is the normal place to report issues for 5E DLC.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Minethulhu View Post
    I'm preparing to run the Curse of Strahd adventure in Fantasy Grounds Classic. I've done a spot check of several maps (Death House, Werewolf Den, etc.) and am noting the Fantasy Ground grid doesn't align with the squares already on the map. I was able to find a copy of Death House online. Using the map align utility:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...gn-map-to-grid

I was able to fix the alignment of the underlying grid.

A few questions:

1. Are there plans to fix this map alignment issue in the DLC for FGC?

This would be much preferred since fixing the maps aren't a big deal but redoing all the pins on the map is a pain... Unless there is some trick of which I'm not aware.

2. If not, is there a way to extract the maps from the .dat file (or some alternate way to get them all - or at least the ones that can be fixed...castle ravenloft at its 45 degree angles is presumably a lost cause)?

This would at least save me from having to find copies of everything online when I already have digital versions.

If this is fixed in FGU, no need to answer the above (unless you feel it would help others), just tell me it is fixed and I'll do some spot checks there and force my players to do the swap. I already have an FGU license...
    It's been a few months back that I looked up what I needed to make LOS and stuff in Curse of Strahd - but I "think" I used this post's maps - and also things I found online.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...oft-Battlemaps
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

I've had a look at the two maps you mentioned and yes, it would seem that there is a tiny discrepancy in the grid on those maps. I'll add this to my list of things to have a look at.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    I've had a look at the two maps you mentioned and yes, it would seem that there is a tiny discrepancy in the grid on those maps. I'll add this to my list of things to have a look at.
    Thanks! If I find more, I'll report them per LordEntrails' link above.

...and thanks to the other responses above. ...appreciate the pointers.

Thread Information