STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

LoS line definitions not showing on map

I am defining line of sight on a map for Tegel Manor (pretty big detailed map). I am about 80% through, and the lines are no longer showing up when I drop them. It is apparent from some terrain items that they lines are there, but they are not showing on the map - makes it really difficult to finish as I cant see what is there or not.

HELP!

tegel LoS.png
    Overall definition
    tegel-LoS-Terrain-no-lines.png
    Rooms with terrain defined but not showing lines
    tegel-LoS-Terrain-no-lines-example.png
    Example of defined item that lines are not showing

Ruleset 5e
    No Extensions loaded.

The issue is not limited to terrain at this point - any new lines I put down show up while I am dropping them but instantly disappear upon clicking. I have tired walls, doors, windows, terrain.

Thank you for your help.

Blog Entries
    You mean in your third image you do not see the LOS lines? That is because you are in Play mode. See the die is clicked in the image control? Click on the LOS icon instead in the top row.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

No - look at the second and third image.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    You mean in your third image you do not see the LOS lines? That is because you are in Play mode. See the die is clicked in the image control? Click on the LOS icon instead in the top row.
    The terrain you can see is there is not showing the occluder line definition in the second image - but it should be visible in the second image (green lines and points...

To clarify - I included the third image to illustrate that the terrain definition is actually there - but not visible when in LoS definition mode.

The first image was just to illustrate that there is a bunch of stuff already defined, just handling the outlying areas and terrain.

You have a couple of blank layers. What are they for?

I can't diagnose an issue from your screenshots. I assume also that you are doing this all in the same campaign?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I'm not sure what you mean by blank layers - yes this is all in the same campaign

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Valdemar View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean by blank layers - yes this is all in the same campaign
    You map has 3 layers, two of them have no names, both of those have associated LOS with them, and one of them is locked.

I've never put LOS on more than 1 layer. Is it some how related to the unnamed layers or having more than 1 LOS layer?

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

You map has 3 layers, two of them have no names, both of those have associated LOS with them, and one of them is locked.

I've never put LOS on more than 1 layer. Is it some how related to the unnamed layers or having more than 1 LOS layer?

That seems to be the issue - I guess I had somehow added a second line of site layer. Is there a way to merge the two LoS layers - if not no bid about 80% of what I have done is on one of them, I could just redraw the part on the second layer if needed...

Blog Entries
    I think you are supposed to be able to have multiple LOS layers I just don't know. Not sure if one of Mr Z's videos addresses this. Hopefully he can point us to the solution as I would like to know more about this too.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    You have a couple of blank layers. What are they for?

I can't diagnose an issue from your screenshots. I assume also that you are doing this all in the same campaign?
    I had inadvertently added a second LoS definition layer - my bad.

However after starting to enter the items I had on the second layer into the first (deleted the second layer) it started to do the same thing on the first after adding several lines and points. Is there a maximum number of lines/points you can have on a layer? After drawing a line on the LoS layer now - the line draws and the points add, then immediately the line disappears from view (I suspect it is still actually there - just not showing on screen.

So question - Is there a maximum number of lines / points that you can have on a single layer?

Thread Information