STAR TREK 2d20

Multiclass Dedication Feats

I have noticed that the Fighter Dedication feat does not automatically apply proficiency in martial weapons when I add it to the tracker. Can this be automated or is there a way to apply it manually? It appears that weapon proficiencies may not have visible restrictions. Can someone please confirm?

The chargen tracker gives guidance as to what applies automation and not. When adding the fighter dedicated feat, the Chargen tracker window indicates: "No automation applied. +++ Check entry and manually apply as needed."

There's a section at the bottom of the PC "Abilities" tab where freeform text can be used to track weapon proficiencies - this will have been populated with the base class proficiencies when the class was added to the PC. You can add any new weapon proficiency descriptive text here, but this is just informational at this time. You can then apply weapon proficiency level as appropriate to each of the PCs weapons in the Actions tab. This is done in the weapon details window - click the magnifying glass button to the right of the weapon entry in the actions tab to access the weapon details window.

There are no restrictions to what the player sets the proficiency at as there are a lot of edge cases/abilities that could come into play here. This is the standard design philosophy of the ruleset.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Okay. Thank you. Are there plans to automate more with character creation and leveling up? Is there a thread that shows what features are being worked on or a development map forecasting what lies ahead?

There's some information here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ng-development

Development is ongoing and sometimes gets directed based off functionality needed for products being converted. Hence you won't see a specific feature list of what's being worked on, etc..

Quote Originally Posted by Slayde View Post
    Are there plans to automate more with character creation and leveling up?
    Short answer. Yes. This will be, like it has been so far since initial product release, iterative functionality over various releases. But there will *always* be manual data entry/updates that have to be done by the user.
    Last edited by Trenloe; October 21st, 2020 at 17:26.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information