5E Character Create Playlist

Console log difference

When using the console log I noticed something. The text version doesn't appear the same as the visual output.

Text output:
    Code:
    [10/19/2020 2:27:36 PM] s'manager_author_adnd.lua' | s'createBlocks' | s'sNoteText' | s'<p>Add links below.</p><p></p><p></p><linklist><link class="imagewindow" recordname="image.id-00003@AD&amp;D 2E Monstrous Manual">Image: 00 Cover</link><link class="imagewindow" recordname="image.id-00001@AD&amp;D 2E Complete Wizard's Handbook">000 Cover</link><link class="imagewindow" recordname="image.id-00320@AD&amp;D 2E Monstrous Manual">000 Cover</link></linklist>'
    Console window view:
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

If you use the Compile Logs button, is it correct in the console.log file?

Thanks,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    If you use the Compile Logs button, is it correct in the console.log file?
    Yes, the first quote "text output" is from that. I didn't realize it actually seeing something differently. I first thought (based on the console output) that somehow the link was being removed with the DB.get*. It wasn't until I used compile logs to get data that the log file showed it.

It's confusing that they both do not "show" the same text.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Actually, it's an implementation thing. We use TextMeshPro to show the log lines; and it also interprets some tags of it's own. We'll have to see if we can "encode" the visual output that gets fed into TMPro.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information