DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

LFP - PFRPG 1e - Rise of the Runelords

About Me: My name is Danny and I am the one who developed Rise of the Runelords, Curse of the Crimson Throne, and dozens of other adventures officially for Fantasy Grounds. I have recently decided to run this game for some friends and after putting a lot of extra work into it, I decided I would see if anyone else would be interested in playing in it.

FG License: GM has Ultimate license. Players need only the free demo version to play
    Classic or Unity: This game will be played in FG Unity
    Game System: Pathfinder 1e

Time Zone: Pacific time
    Day of week and time: Thursday evenings from 6 pm to 10 pm Pacific time (9 pm to 1 am Eastern)
    Planned start date: Session 1 on 10/30/2020.
    Planned Duration & Frequency: 4 hour sessions, once a week
    Term: Long-term. Full campaign with option to play other adventures I developed for Fantasy Grounds after completion of this adventure

Text or Voice: Voice
    Voice software used: Discord
    Ambiance software used: Syrinscape online. I have subscription and you can use for free.
    Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? No, I wasn't planning on streaming the game but if the entire group wanted me to, I can be flexible. If this ends up being the case, all players will need video.

Roleplay & Combat mix: Hard to say. Pathfinder can be combat heavy but I try to add roleplaying elements and encourage players to roleplay as much as they want to to make the game most fun. I would anticipate a 50/50 mix if the group are all good roleplayers.
    Number of Players needed: I am looking for a solid group of 4-5 players.
    Character starting level & equipment: 1st level character with average wealth from reference for class.
    Pathfinder books used: I have the following Pathfinder books in Fantasy Grounds and allow them in game: Pathfinder Core Rulebook, Advanced Player's Guide, Advanced Class Guide, Ultimate Combat, Ultimate Equipment, Ultimate Magic.
    Character restrictions: I do not allow the following classes, due to setting and preference: Gunslinger, Ninja, Samurai, Summoner.

Details of your scenario: Rise of the Runelords was Paizo's first official adventure path for Pathfinder. The version being run is the anniversary edition, which has been revamped. This adventure has elements for all types of play - city life, dungeon crawl, wilderness, you name it. The official trailer statement for it is...

From the idyllically peaceful coastal town of Sandpoint to an ancient lost city at the top of the world, Rise of the Runelords takes a party of adventurers from 1st to over 15th level and delves into the mysteries of Varisia's ancient past. Millennia ago, the powerful empire of Thassilon ruled the land, dominated by despotic runelords who maintained their power through harnessing the power of rune magic. Thought gone forever, the working of Thassilon are not so far beneath the surface and one of the runelords plans a return to power. Only the brave adventurers stand in his way.

What I am looking for is 4-5 players who can dedicate to a long-term game and see their characters progress and have fun with both the combat aspect of the game and the roleplaying. Prospective players should have no significant knowledge of this adventure. I am looking for people whom this adventure would be truly a new experience. New to Pathfinder players are okay as I don't mind teaching you the system (I have done it in all my games in the past). What I don't want are rules lawyers or people who min/max to focus strictly on combat, while ignoring the roleplaying aspect of the game. I want friendly players who are willing to roleplay and drive the story forward.

If you are interested, please reply with the day(s) that you are available (Thursday, Friday, Saturday). Remember that it is 4 pm to 8 pm Pacific time (7 pm to 11 pm Eastern). If you feel more comfortable sending me a private message, that's okay too.

-Danny
    Last edited by sciencephile; October 26th, 2020 at 17:36.
    Developer for lots of adventures, particularly 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2E

Timezone: US Eastern Time
    Ultimate License Holder

Modified post to reflect that the game is definitely on Fridays. So far, that is the day that players seem to agree on.

There is a request to go from 6 pm to 10 pm Pacific due to player's schedule. That is an alternative to the 4 pm to 8 pm schedule but only if it works for all the players.

When responding, please let me know if your availability is for 4-8 only, 6-10 only, or either works (times are Pacific).
    Developer for lots of adventures, particularly 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2E

Ultimate License Holder

Still looking for a couple of players for this game. I have the following who expressed interest but schedules are not lining up.

* 3 players who can make it on Fridays for a 4 pm - 8 pm game session (Pacific)
    * 3 players who can make it on Fridays for a 6 pm - 10 pm game session (Pacific)
    * 2 players who can make it on Thursdays for a 6 pm - 10 pm game session (Pacific)

I need a couple more to get a full table.

If you do want to play, please message me with your availability (Thursday or Friday or either) and time slot (4 pm Pacific, 6 pm Pacific, or either).

Thanks.
    Danny

Ultimate License Holder

Hi Danny! I'm interested in playing in your game. I can make it Thursday and Friday at the times you've laid out. Been a long time since I've played Pathfinder and looking forward to dusting off the rule book. Is playing a paladin okay? I don't play Lawful Stupid-types and am willing to look into other classes if you/the rest of the party don't want a pally in the party.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Wolf Knight View Post
    Hi Danny! I'm interested in playing in your game. I can make it Thursday and Friday at the times you've laid out. Been a long time since I've played Pathfinder and looking forward to dusting off the rule book. Is playing a paladin okay? I don't play Lawful Stupid-types and am willing to look into other classes if you/the rest of the party don't want a pally in the party.
    You’re good for 6pm PST start time Thurs or Fri?

Im free at those times but ive not played pathfinder...(mostly just about every other rpg’s over the last 35 years), well ive played pathfinder “sorta” ive played the CRPG pathfinder kingmaker quite a few times it reminds me a lot of D&D 3.5, im somewhat familiar with fantasy grounds ( in a bi-weekly D&D 5e group on it) are you ok with a newb to pathfinder? Also im ok with any weekday but tuesday and am in pst time zone
    Last edited by Covfam73; October 22nd, 2020 at 05:54.

Quote Originally Posted by Jroy View Post
    You’re good for 6pm PST start time Thurs or Fri?
    Abosutely.

Haha... it looks like Jroy was trying to wrangle you into his time slot to make sure his group was the one that got the game.

No worries... as it turns out, with the two of you that spoke up here tonight, I have enough to actually have 5 people in two different games:

* One on Thursday evenings from 6 pm to 10 pm Pacific time
    * One on Friday evenings from 4 pm to 8 pm Pacific time

In order to accommodate the most people, I am willing to run both sessions. I will just need one of you to join the Thursday session and one to join the Friday session.

If both are you are okay with either and not jammed for time one way or the other, I would suggest that we just keep you two as floaters for either session. This way, if one of you wants to play a class that is sorely needed in one group and one of these groups needs a role like that, you guys can customize the party a bit. I would hate for one group to have 2 clerics and the other group to have none, for example.

And to address the above comment, I am okay with paladins in my games.

I will start inviting you to my discord server for the game. Please PM me your discord user id.

Thanks,
    Danny

Ultimate License Holder

Yes, I'm totally good with a "new to Pathfinder" players. I am running another session of this game where only one person is experienced with Pathfinder. The rest are either completely new or have only played about 3-4 sessions worth. Totally okay.

Ultimate License Holder

Thread Information