5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Thread: AoE shading

AoE shading

I really love the new update to the pointers and the AoE effects. I think the bright colours and the new positioning of the number make everything much easier to read, but I do miss the way it used to shade affected squares. Are there any plans to reintroduce that feature?

Blog Entries
    I think there has been talk about that. But I don't remember what. I assume something for them to look into later.

One thing is having to make it ruleset dependent, since different versions of D&D have different AoE rules, plus of course all the other games that have their own rules for AoE.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

We have pointer shading on our list to look at. For a first pass, we are just planning to do basic pointer shading (i.e. shade region directly under pointer without respect to grid type).

Grid-based pointer shading is a much more complex topic, since many game systems define specific limitations for placing area of effects and how it applies to a grid. After the basic shading, we might try to do a percentage-based grid shading, but that's down the road a bit.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information