STAR TREK 2d20
    Blog Entries

Pass turn sound...

As I understand it the "It's your turn" ding is no longer a Windows sound but rather an internal sound within Unity. So we don't have a choice of which sound that will be. Any change we can have the opportunity to CHANGE that sound at will. Seems a shame to force the community to listen to the ONE sound, no?

Am I misunderstanding how it works now?
    rob2e - Join me on Discord!
    Become a Patron!
    Follow me on the Twitters
    Come watch the Twitches... twitch.tv/rob2e
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE
    My Dungeon Master's Guild Material

While the general concept of playing a sound is in the system, we do not yet have any mechanisms for defining or playing sounds. Sounds is something we want to look at for future versions.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Cool. I'll live with it. WE ALL WILL!
    Become a Patron!
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE

You said it is "no longer a Windows sound", but in the game my group runs, it recently switched FROM a built-in bell ringing sound to the Windows notification noise.

I'm surprised to see someone note the opposite. What is supposed to be happening?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Serbaayuu View Post
    You said it is "no longer a Windows sound", but in the game my group runs, it recently switched FROM a built-in bell ringing sound to the Windows notification noise.

I'm surprised to see someone note the opposite. What is supposed to be happening?
    As I understand it, you cannot change the sound in Unity.
    Become a Patron!
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE

Understood, but it seems like you and I currently have different sounds. You said in your original post that you as of today have a ringing sound. My group had the ringing sound a few weeks ago, but today we have the Windows sound.

Since it has to work in Mac and Linux as well as that degraded thing called Windows (Alooomin-eeee-um) it needs to have sounds made in Unity instead of having to make system calls different depending on what OS the user is running.

Blog Entries
    Understood, but it seems like you and I currently have different sounds. You said in your original post that you as of today have a ringing sound. My group had the ringing sound a few weeks ago, but today we have the Windows sound.
    ...and can you change/alter that sound?
    Become a Patron!
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE

Quote Originally Posted by rob2e View Post
    ...and can you change/alter that sound?
    No, we haven't been able to figure out a way to do so.

But the question I am asking is for you to confirm that your copy of FGU is making a ringing sound, while my party's is making a Windows sound. You also said that you previously had a Windows sound, which means for some reason our two game versions are having different features.

If you've suddenly been changed to a ringing sound, I'm wondering why my party suddenly got changed to a Windows sound.

No, we haven't been able to figure out a way to do so.

But the question I am asking is for you to confirm that your copy of FGU is making a ringing sound, while my party's is making a Windows sound. You also said that you previously had a Windows sound, which means for some reason our two game versions are having different features.

If you've suddenly been changed to a ringing sound, I'm wondering why my party suddenly got changed to a Windows sound.
    I think you both talk at cross-purposes

@Serbaayuu: Yes, the sound now sounds like a native Windows sound I also remember that it was once different (though I do not recall whether it was the ringing sound)

@Rob2E: Serbaayuu didn't mean whether or not the sound comes from the OS but whether the sound sounds like the typical Windows sound

Thread Information