Starfinder Playlist

FG Webinstall Timeout

Hello all,

First post so I apologize if this isn't formatted correctly, I've been browsing around for the last few weeks trying to resolve this issue.
    I'm getting the "Handle User Cookie, Network, time out" error when trying to login to my account.
    screengrab1.png
    and when trying to install I get..
    screengrab2.png

Now onto the rabbit hole I've gone down..
    here is the list of things that I have tried as well as some information from my situation:
    First and foremost I have xfinity internet, and yes, I've read the pinned post.
    I have..
    > disabled my advanced security
    > port forwarded 1802
    > made a rule for 1802 with my firewall for inbound and outbound (both, just in case)
    > allowed the app FGWebinstall with my firewall
    > disabled my routers firewall entirely
    > disabled Upnp
    > Ensured my connection is a private network
    > Reinstalled Windows
    > disabled every firewall on my clean windows install
    > Reviewed event viewer and resolved DCOM errors shown while FGwebinstall was running
    > removed my user control security
    > tracked and opened the wide range of ports that FGwebinstall trys to establish connections on
    > opened port 80 because I saw that it was a remote port used by FGwebinstall
    > verified that every port I have referenced thus far is open
    > added my computer to my routers DMZ
    > reset my router to factory settings
    > attempted the install on two other computers on my network

all of this to no result.
    I have tried varying combinations of these things listed if they made sense to leave changed.
    The one that surprised me the most was the DMZ not working.

I have no ideas on how to proceed as the only thing that changed when my FGwebinstall stopped working was I attempted to update it after a windows update.
    That being said when I reinstalled windows I installed a version from the beginning of the year thinking that maybe a windows update caused the issue, no result.

I love fantasy grounds but this entire experience has really soured my want to continue using it, please assist if you have any ideas, I will try anything.

Thank you!
    Last edited by Shackelbot; October 17th, 2020 at 20:08.

Who is your ISP? See here if it is one of theese https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...sers-Important

And welcome to FG.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Welcome!

I bet Zacchaeus is on the right track. In case that does not seem to be the case.

I am assuming you are trying to install classic. I am also assuming you are not installing it through steam.

How long ago did you have it working? What has changed since then if anything on your end? Do you have any form of VPN enabled? Especially if you have a firewall that is doing VPN or a VPN device. You might want to set the firewall back to how it was before you started making changes just incase. I would remove the DMZ and port forwarding for the install.
    If you want a Wishlist in the Fantasy grounds store klick the link and upvote it.
    https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/proj/fgapp?ia=135468

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Who is your ISP? See here if it is one of theese https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...sers-Important

And welcome to FG.
    This was one of the first things I did as it seems to solve most everyone's problem, but it yielded no results.
    There was an entry further down that same post that talked about using the modem as a bridge so I'm going to attempt that to see what happens.

If it helps narrow down what is going on with the program it gets stuck in SYN_SENT however I see numerous connections across ports ranging from 52000 to 55000 both establish and fail when this happens.

I have taken everything back to a zero state except for the port forwarding, I'm going to leave that alone just in case I want to host in the future.

I'm going to do my best to keep this post alive until I find a result just in case someone in the future has an issue like mine that most current fixes don't seem to resolve.

Cool it seems like you know wireshark but since I have not looked at packet captures of the install I not quite ready to go down that rabbit hole.

So any VPN going on? When is the last time this was working?

Since it is happening to multiple devices at your house it has to be something they have in common. I know this might sound silly but have you powered down you router and any possible firewall / wireless access points? I have a switch that gets flaky with connections if it is left up for multiple months so a full reboot of your network might not be a bad idea.
    If you want a Wishlist in the Fantasy grounds store klick the link and upvote it.
    https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/proj/fgapp?ia=135468

Thread Information