STAR TREK 2d20

View Poll Results: Which additional product lines would you support with purchases?

Voters
383. You may not vote on this poll
  • D&D 3.5E

156 40.73%
  • D&D 4E

142 37.08%
  • Additional Settings for AD&D (Dark Sun, Spelljammer, Greyhawk, Dragonlance, etc.)

182 47.52%
  • None of the above

44 11.49%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 9 First 12345 ... Last
    Not terribly interested in settings or materials for use with older editions, but being able to use Spelljammer, Planescape, Dark Sun (in that order) setting material (images, story entries etc.) inside a 5E game, without messing with extensions, or with a smiteworks-supported extension would be useful. I wouldn't want to risk buying them on the strength of a community extension that might disappear.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Some sort of B/X or BECMI...
    OK I have to ask. What is the big draw of being able to play the Basic or Advanced box sets rules? It just seems limiting to me but I bet I am missing the correct point of view to understand. I left the box sets as soon as I could get the Advanced D&D books.

I can see the draw to the old original Chainmail and all so I feel I just need to be enlightened.
    If you want a Wishlist in the Fantasy grounds store klick the link and upvote it.
    https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/proj/fgapp?ia=135468

4e support would be amazing. It never really got it's full chance inside a well-supported VTT environment and it's sooo much better with even a modicum of computer aid as-is. 4e is where I'd put my vote, definitely.

3.5? Far less interested since my groups would lean into PF1 if we were ever headed back in that direction again, but I don't see that happening any time in the next decade, literally.

Quote Originally Posted by YellowAdder View Post
    3.5? Far less interested since my groups would lean into PF1 if we were ever headed back in that direction again, but I don't see that happening any time in the next decade, literally.
    I think there are surely 3.5e modules for PF1 people (since you can use 3.5e modules in PF1 and vice versa) I heard often that people use the draconomicon or tome of battle for example

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    I think there are surely 3.5e modules for PF1 people (since you can use 3.5e modules in PF1 and vice versa) I heard often that people use the draconomicon or tome of battle for example
    While true, the groups I've played and run PF for never really used 3.5 modules or sourcebooks outside of the Book of Vile Darkness, at least that I can recall. This is across six different multi-year campaigns. That might be a testament to the amount of content PF1 has available for its audience, or at least for a stronger preference for Paizo's materials.

Undoubtedly there are groups who mix the 3.5 and PF stuff much more often, though.

Destin, Florida (Paradise) Central Time Zone
    Savage Worlds RIFTS.
    Iron Kingdoms RPG.

Would have been my first and first.5 choice.
    But I settled for 4e and dark sun. 🤷*♂️

Quote Originally Posted by Granamere View Post
    OK I have to ask. What is the big draw of being able to play the Basic or Advanced box sets rules? It just seems limiting to me but I bet I am missing the correct point of view to understand. I left the box sets as soon as I could get the Advanced D&D books.

I can see the draw to the old original Chainmail and all so I feel I just need to be enlightened.
    My thinking would be simple, easy, quick and streamlined. There was a simplicity to the BECMI rules that old schoolers sometimes miss.

As for BECMI my vote would be to convert the D&D Cyclopedia. That has all of it in one place (Immortal rules excepted, but that should be separated anyways).

Quote Originally Posted by computertrucker View Post
    Savage Worlds RIFTS.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...=PEGFGSWRTTLPG

Destin, Florida (Paradise) Central Time Zone
    I bought it this past weekend. Waiting for all the other books to hit and hopefully some adventure paths.

Thread Information