FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

How do I activate Fantasy Grounds Unity (Kickstarter Supporter) into my steam account

As the title says, How do I activate Fantasy Grounds Unity (Kickstarter Supporter) into my steam account?
    I get constantly 'Invalid key code' whenever I try to add my License Key provided from Fantasy Grounds Store/MyOrders.
    Or do I get separate steam key code later on?

The keys are sent to Steam ever so often; so depending on when you purchased your license the keys may not have reached Steam yet. Since Unity only recently became available on Steam that could be another reason why there is a delay. The situation will resolve itself in due course.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

So just to make sure we are all on the same page here. If this is a Fantasy Grounds license key you would launch Unity (Demo) either through steam or just download it from the Fantasy grounds website. Then click Settings. That will bring up the windows that you need to put your key into and also your Username and Password.
    unity.jpg

Now if it is a steam key then yes from what I understand yes you would need to wait for the sync but I do not think the Kickstarter gave out Steam keys but I could be wrong there. The whole steam integration I am sketchy on.

You might also want to reach out to support. [email protected] They would be able to look into your account and provide answers to you.
    If you want a Wishlist in the Fantasy grounds store klick the link and upvote it.
    https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/proj/fgapp?ia=135468

Blog Entries
    I think we are on different pages... I think the instructions you want are here; https://steamcommunity.com/app/25269...5530621472814/

If one of these answers doesn't get you want you need, let us know.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    The keys are sent to Steam ever so often; so depending on when you purchased your license the keys may not have reached Steam yet. Since Unity only recently became available on Steam that could be another reason why there is a delay. The situation will resolve itself in due course.
    So I just have to wait until the code starts working? Is there any dates when they send codes to Valve to be activated or do they gather certain amount of codes to be sent at once?

Quote Originally Posted by Granamere View Post
    So just to make sure we are all on the same page here. If this is a Fantasy Grounds license key you would launch Unity (Demo) either through steam or just download it from the Fantasy grounds website. Then click Settings. That will bring up the windows that you need to put your key into and also your Username and Password.
    unity.jpg

Now if it is a steam key then yes from what I understand yes you would need to wait for the sync but I do not think the Kickstarter gave out Steam keys but I could be wrong there. The whole steam integration I am sketchy on.

You might also want to reach out to support. [email protected] They would be able to look into your account and provide answers to you.
    I tried similar to this, I used my code on Demo version on Steam and it downloaded local full version but I want it IN Steam.
    Now I am afraid I will have another half-demo half-paid version like the original Fantasy Grounds where half of the stuff works.
    Last edited by Talic; October 18th, 2020 at 12:19.

As far as I know keys are sent every six weeks or so; but as I say I don't know what the position is regarding keys which have been allocated long before Unity became available on Steam. We'll need one of the devs to chip in to tell us that. But once Steam is aware of your key you can activate it on Steam in the usual way.

Do note that adding it to Steam doesn't change anything as regards your installation. All it does is put a link to the executable for fantasy grounds. So it won't install FG again if it is already installed.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

OK since you got this on the Kickstarter I going to say it should have synced awhile back.

OK I just did mine which was not through the kickstarter.
    Step 1 Open the Steam client.
    Step 2 Click Add A Game in lower left corner.
    Step 3 Click Activate a product on Steam.
    Step 4 Click Next
    Step 5 Click I Agree
    Step 6 Paste in your Unity License code and hit next.

If you get an error at this point go to the Fantasy Grounds Unity store page. Does it say it is in your Library? If it does do you have another computer you can install steam and the Unity on to test it out. If not then I would contact support.
    If you want a Wishlist in the Fantasy grounds store klick the link and upvote it.

OK since you got this on the Kickstarter I going to say it should have synced awhile back.

OK I just did mine which was not through the kickstarter.
    Step 1 Open the Steam client.
    Step 2 Click Add A Game in lower left corner.
    Step 3 Click Activate a product on Steam.
    Step 4 Click Next
    Step 5 Click I Agree
    Step 6 Paste in your Unity License code and hit next.

If you get an error at this point go to the Fantasy Grounds Unity store page. Does it say it is in your Library? If it does do you have another computer you can install steam and the Unity on to test it out. If not then I would contact support.
    Fantasy Grounds Unity only became available on Steam a few weeks ago so there would have been no point at all in supplying Valve with Unity keys before that happened. Once Unity did become available I doubt that Smiteworks landed the thousands of keys on Valve all at once; so it's likely that supplying the keys could take some time. If the user is getting an invalid license when they try to activate FGU on Steam then either they've entered the wrong key or Valve don't have it yet.

Point taken but I would still think they went from oldest to newest and I would expect the Kickstarter folks would have been first up. Hence why I gave the walk through steps and finished by saying if this does not work reaching out to support because I bet they would know if the key has been synced yet.

If it helps I bought my Unity 3-19-2020 and the steps worked for me.

Point taken but I would still think they went from oldest to newest and I would expect the Kickstarter folks would have been first up. Hence why I gave the walk through steps and finished by saying if this does not work reaching out to support because I bet they would know if the key has been synced yet.

If it helps I bought my Unity 3-19-2020 and the steps worked for me.
    I'd say that indicates that the sending of keys to Valve are pretty up to date then if you got your licence in March.

Thread Information