DICE PACKS BUNDLE

FG no longer working after update

My FG will no longer connect after the most recent update. It was working two days ago. None of my router or other settings have changed. I am using FG original. I have a game for tomorrow and may have to use another platform if this not fixed.

- I have two ultimate licenses for FG and FG Unity

Thanks

I have the same problem. I am using FG Classic.

I fixed it. It was port forwarding. I had to update the ip address and then it worked.

There was no update (besides module and ruleset updates) for FGC. Check you privacy settings in your router, your portforwarding rules (maybe redo them), put your network to private and so on There was recently a Windows Update and it can often mess the portforwarding stuff, maybe it is related to that

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    There was no update (besides module and ruleset updates) for FGC. Check you privacy settings in your router, your portforwarding rules (maybe redo them), put your network to private and so on There was recently a Windows Update and it can often mess the portforwarding stuff, maybe it is related to that
    I mentioned checking all of these things above and they are unchanged. The failure started today. Not earlier this week. The issue is not with the ports. Game connection was working yesterday.

Blog Entries
    Thousands of things change on your computer everyday. Thousands of things change with your ISP everyday.

First, see if your security software has quarantined or done something else with FG. Some A/V programs can be aggressive and block or even delete known executables when they try to update themselves. If you have any exceptions, delete them and re-create them.

You said you didn't change any of the things Kel suggested, but did you verify each one that they did not get changed either by a Windows update, router timeout, or security program? It is very common that routers will reassign internal IP addresses to computers without telling you unless you have configured static IPs or have set a reserve IP address in your router. Also, sometimes if you are using UPnP, sometimes it "sticks", have you restarted your router and computer?

Next, when you say no longer connect, please detail the exact steps you take and the exact error messages you see (Are you player? GM? Trying to connect to? Is it the connection test? Are you using a VPN? ...). Also please attach the log files so we can look at them and see what they say.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Thousands of things change on your computer everyday. Thousands of things change with your ISP everyday.

First, see if your security software has quarantined or done something else with FG. Some A/V programs can be aggressive and block or even delete known executables when they try to update themselves. If you have any exceptions, delete them and re-create them.

You said you didn't change any of the things Kel suggested, but did you verify each one that they did not get changed either by a Windows update, router timeout, or security program? It is very common that routers will reassign internal IP addresses to computers without telling you unless you have configured static IPs or have set a reserve IP address in your router. Also, sometimes if you are using UPnP, sometimes it "sticks", have you restarted your router and computer?

Next, when you say no longer connect, please detail the exact steps you take and the exact error messages you see (Are you player? GM? Trying to connect to? Is it the connection test? Are you using a VPN? ...). Also please attach the log files so we can look at them and see what they say.
    I checked and added exception rules to Windows defender/firewall. It is the only AV I have. That did not solve the problem. I checked the port forwarding on the router--also no the problem. I ran the updater on FGC again, reset and then shutdown my PC.

There isn't an error, as a GM testing my connection I get the red ”failure” tag. I will check the ip settings tomorrow, but I am pretty sure my router is set to static ip.

Blog Entries
    So one of the other things, some ISPs are in the process of doing what is called CGNAT which means you will no longer have a public facing IP, and therefore FGC will not work without a VPN. Some ISPs are also switching to IPv6 which also means FGC will not work without a VPN

We can identify this if you go through the following post and post the answers to the questions at the end of the OP. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ions-Explained

The second post in that thread will also link you to another thread about "Advanced Security" that your ISP may have enabled on your account without notifying you (mine did) which will also magically stops FG from working as they are protecting you ;P

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

It seems my ip in the port forwarding was changed. The issue has been resolved.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for letting us know you got it resolved. Happy gaming!

Thread Information