STAR TREK 2d20
Page 99 of 139 First ... 4989979899100101109 ... Last
    I would leave that for the developer to respond. I'm not sure of the complete additions.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Quote Originally Posted by Littlerogue View Post
    What kind of automation appeared on spells and effects following this weekd update ?
    Most of the spells now have extra effects that will be usable when they are dropped to a Character or NPC.

Example: spells that have a "RESIST: 5 fire" effect will show without having to code it yourself.

Madman..
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    Most of the spells now have extra effects that will be usable when they are dropped to a Character or NPC.

Example: spells that have a "RESIST: 5 fire" effect will show without having to code it yourself.

Madman..
    That's great! Thank you!
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Time Zone: US Eastern (GMT -5)
    Playing -
    Starfinder, D&D, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, Hero System aka Champions, Traveller, and more!
    My Forge Creations

FG Support requested I post the problem here for the ruleset developer to solve

I emailed FG support concerning this error several days ago and provided console logs. Derek with FG support responded "You may want to post the issue you are having in the Official Starfinder RPG Bug Report Thread in our forums so that the developers will be made aware of it and can address the issue(s) directly."

Here is the problem

I am running a GM connection and a localhost Player connection on the same Macbook Pro M1. When I open the CT in the player instance I get the following error
    message when I open the player CT [9/5/2022 5:17:34 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "ct/scripts/ct_effect_summary2.lua"]:17: attempt to call field 'getEffectsString' (a nil value)

I sent the console logs to support on the 5th of Sept.
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Time Zone: US Eastern (GMT -5)
    Playing -
    Starfinder, D&D, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, Hero System aka Champions, Traveller, and more!
    My Forge Creations

Quote Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
    I am running a GM connection and a localhost Player connection on the same Macbook Pro M1. When I open the CT in the player instance I get the following error
    message when I open the player CT [9/5/2022 5:17:34 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "ct/scripts/ct_effect_summary2.lua"]:17: attempt to call field 'getEffectsString' (a nil value)
    Additional info to assist the development team:
    • Issue occurs when loading an entity in the combat tracker for the first time only, which means:
      • closing and re-opening the combat tracker does not retrigger the error message, as it has already loaded
      • Opening an empty CT does not trigger the error message
      • Adding a new entity to the CT triggers the error message
    • The error message appears no matter if it is a PC or NPC that gets added to the CT
    • The error message appears regardless of whether the NPC comes with an effect "built in" or not
    • Error appears both when using localhost, but also when remote connecting to a LAN host

Like Ulric mentions, this only occurs on the player side and not for the GM.
    Above was tested on a fresh instance on the latest version with no extensions and no rulebooks loaded on the player side.
    Retested with only the CRB loaded on the play side to the same effect.

In the latest release pushed this morning, that file no longer exists in the Starfinder ruleset, and the combat tracker code has been changed quite a bit with the modularized combat tracker code changes made to CoreRPG (and thus all the layered rulesets).

Can you try running a new Check For Updates, making sure that you don't have any unzipped ruleset folders, and try again?

Thanks,
    JPG

Did a clean update, and that totally did the trick.
    The error message no longer appears in any of the above instances - confirming as resolved.

Not sure this is a bug or not but in my mind it is so...

The "Mod" box in the HP/SP does not retain negative values. In cases where the SP needs to be lowered due to spell affects/special cases/etc when you put a negative value in but then change the focus (i.e. select a different box) the value goes away.

Value entered:
    SP Mod - neg value added.PNG

After switching focus:
    SP Mod - neg value added - after.PNG

This does not occur when adding a positive value so I can only assume it's because the value is negative.

I'm on the current FGU build with the most recent SFRPG ruleset.

Let me know if more info is needed.

Thanks.
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord: GravityBlade
    Time Zone: US Central (GMT -6)
    Running: Traveller (MgT2)

Quote Originally Posted by GravityBlade View Post
    Not sure this is a bug or not but in my mind it is so...

The "Mod" box in the HP/SP does not retain negative values. In cases where the SP needs to be lowered due to spell affects/special cases/etc when you put a negative value in but then change the focus (i.e. select a different box) the value goes away.
    Just out of personal curiosity: what spell/effect affects only max stamina? Is it maybe a homebrew thing or am I just missing something?

Those boxes don't accept negative numbers as I haven't run across any need for them. The HP box is not a modifier to the total HP. It's a whole separate bar of HP. Another layer to receive damage before the HP would take damage. The SP Mod box does modify the max SP, but I am not aware of such a case. If you know of these cases, please relay it here and we'll see if the logic needs to be changed.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Thread Information