DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 9 of 144 First ... 78910111959109 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Stadlerc View Post
    A feature that might be useful to add in general would be a console command that appends all version info to console and log. That way we can remove human error when reproducing defects. Something like “Log System”
    We basically already have this.
    All that information is posted to the chat when you fist load a campaign.

Well, you need the state of the system at the time of the defect, not startup. For example, if the defects occurred after the GM opens let’s say an AP, your log should include that. Also I’m not sure all version info is included btw (AP/EXT/MOD)

More advanced features “though more overkill 99% of the time would track loading and unloading of modules (to ensure clean uninstalls) and all users system states (not just GM)

The correct solution, that doesn't include so much bloat, is simply for the bug reporter to document the steps and conditions required to duplicate the issue reliably....then the developer(s) can go back and debug properly.
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Stadlerc View Post
    Well, you need the state of the system at the time of the defect, not startup. For example, if the defects occurred after the GM opens let’s say an AP, your log should include that. Also I’m not sure all version info is included btw (AP/EXT/MOD)

More advanced features “though more overkill 99% of the time would track loading and unloading of modules (to ensure clean uninstalls) and all users system states (not just GM)
    You can open the console by typing /console into the chat and it there is a button that will compile the console logs into something you can post. This however doesn't provide the steps that were performed that wouldn't be picked up by the log. This is why we ask for detailed steps and information along with log files. Paints a larger picture of what is going on and help us set up the test environment for to try and reproduce the error.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Quote Originally Posted by Samarex View Post
    To help us out with troubleshooting any issues you may be experiencing. When reporting bug please include.
    FGU / FGC / FGU and FGC
    CoreRPG Ruleset Version #
    Ruleset Version #
    and if you have any extensions running.

This gives us a quick look at what your set-up is to know where to look.

Thanks
    My suggestions is based on this. If you are saying the log contains all this info, just tell them to send the log, and where the log is. If it isn’t enough to answer the above questions, then it should be modified to. Remember, You’re asking customers, not test engineers to write defects to improve the quality of FG. A little automation can’t hurt

Hi I've been playing for a short time on starfinder. the starship combat controls and handling seem very rough and have found a few problems with them. not sure if these have been pointed out ir if its still being worked on but I'll list what we have found so far.

The Initiative system seem to no work. we roll piloting during helm phase but they don't go into the initiative boxes, I have to manually in put them.

When you roll damage why do you have to drop it on the ships token when you have the ship targeted. is this something at is being worked on or can be changed like it is in normal combat?
    also with that why does the damage going to the player ship cant be applied by them. it seem every thing during the combat drops on the GM with enough stuff to sort out. my played agree with this so they can see the damage they are getting and where.

The Shield rating has a hard time being correct. it seem the shield rating number might be glitched. when we do attack damage the first time the shied goes down but some times it goes to into negative numbers. from the roles that's not suppose to happen is I have to manually adjust it every time.

a small item is some of the ships you cant tell where the forward facing is on them because they line up with the line on the hex. would it be possible to give the tokens an arrow point to show where the front area of the ship it.

These right how seem to be the only real problems we as a group have encountered, like i said not sure if the starship combat feature is still being worked on or if these problems have been addressed already, but figure we would let you know

Quote Originally Posted by ptchicuorka View Post
    Hi I've been playing for a short time on starfinder. the starship combat controls and handling seem very rough and have found a few problems with them. not sure if these have been pointed out ir if its still being worked on but I'll list what we have found so far.

The Initiative system seem to no work. we roll piloting during helm phase but they don't go into the initiative boxes, I have to manually in put them.

When you roll damage why do you have to drop it on the ships token when you have the ship targeted. is this something at is being worked on or can be changed like it is in normal combat?
    also with that why does the damage going to the player ship cant be applied by them. it seem every thing during the combat drops on the GM with enough stuff to sort out. my played agree with this so they can see the damage they are getting and where.

The Shield rating has a hard time being correct. it seem the shield rating number might be glitched. when we do attack damage the first time the shied goes down but some times it goes to into negative numbers. from the roles that's not suppose to happen is I have to manually adjust it every time.

a small item is some of the ships you cant tell where the forward facing is on them because they line up with the line on the hex. would it be possible to give the tokens an arrow point to show where the front area of the ship it.

These right how seem to be the only real problems we as a group have encountered, like i said not sure if the starship combat feature is still being worked on or if these problems have been addressed already, but figure we would let you know
    How are your players rolling helm/gunner actions ? ( My players dont get any assigned actions on the character sheet ship section ? )

I know the older rule set has more 'assets icons', like 'star ships' button... now this is under 'npc' and this nests the 'star ship' button... so things have been 'moved around' a bit in the new version of the rule set..

Can you post an image in my https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...at-for-players thread ( or this ), as I dont see any actions for assigned players. ( Maybe the old ruleset assigned the players and now it does not etc.. )

just trying to work out if I'm setting things up wrong.

I also have to set initiative by hand. on the radial from the star ship combat tracker, it only has 'reset init' which sets round back to zero and clears init values. ( I can not roll helm for players. )

when i roll damage from an npc onto the targeted player ship, the gm gets a popup in the track for assigning damage to an arc, and this did not go negative for me and applied the reduced damage to the hull points when shield was reduced to zero.

when I forced a 'critical', it auto rolled and added a glitch to a system, not sure if that glitch applies the -2 as I say my players have no actions so I could not check that side..

I agree it seems the dm has a lot to do for both the npc and players on the combat tracker, but I'm not sure how you would automate this.. ( Maybe arc can be done from token positions, but what back trick moves passing the same hex, getting to target any side etc ? )

At the moment I'd just like the players to actually play this area of the game.

-pete

I've tried to answer both your questions in different threads to best of my knowledge. I hope that helps

fgu sfrpg 2.1.9, core 3.3.12

attached is sf.zip, which includes a campaign and 3 images.

i had an issue distributing party sheet items.

the campaign is pre-setup for you to open the part sheet tab, swap to inventory and press the 'down' arrow to award the items. (a.png)

after pressing the award, you will see a '[WARNING] Unable to transfer item to character. (Battery) (D'errik D'essania Du D'point )' (b.png)

after pressing the award a second time, the item is correctly awarded.. (c.png)

The issue is because 'D'errik D'essania Du D'point ' has a trailing space on the end of his character sheet name, and when you set this name in the middle of a group of other names in the 'assignment' box by typing the first letter of the name and a ',' to fill out the name to add extra players.... You can see the space between 'D'point ,Larr' in (a.png)

When the award items button is pressed it must 'split' the names out by ',' search and which probably 'trim's the space from the name in the process... and then it can not exact 'match' with the character name that still has the space on the end.

I suspect after the first award, the remaining assignment box now with 1 player name still has the 'space' on the end, and so it then matches the players name with the space and correctly applies the item.

So a case of a missing 'trim' on the player name during the 'match' name for assignment.. ie splitting the assignment string gets a trim but the match to player name does not get a trim..

Yes I can correct the name of the player, but clearly 'odd' spaces between ',' sections get a trim, either player name assignment/edit should 'trim' on value change... or the name compare on assignment should get a trim.

thanks, Pete

looking in the db.xml after first assignment, the list clearly still has the 'space' on the end of the name..

<treasureparcelitemlist>
    <public />
    <id-00001>
    <public />
    <assign type="string">D'errik D'essania Du D'point </assign>
    Attached Files Attached Files

To let you know this is under the Unity rule set not the classic, if that helps, that is the one we are using

Thread Information