DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 56 of 143 First ... 646545556575866106 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by jrock1 View Post
    There's a GM option to show all players, all characters skill ranks in the Party Sheet. This helps with pre-campaign and in-game preparedness. Pre-campaign so the players can see gaps in skills and in-game to see who has the best skill in the party so there isn't any breaks in immersion over the mic and less fumbling around. Have you had a game where there's a discussion about who has the best diplomacy rank? My players ask often as they forget often; with the skills shown on the PS, no more metagame chatter and more smooth gaming. Other GMs may hide this from players, but I like that the players have this info at hand. And if there's missing ranks, it's deceiving to the party.
    If that is the case then ranks aren't the final factor as who is the best. It would be the modifier which does account for free ranks. As for my games, this is not part of the deliberation as I have to consider more than how I play or run my games. The ruleset would look very differently if it were just for my table.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    If that is the case then ranks aren't the final factor as who is the best. It would be the modifier which does account for free ranks. As for my games, this is not part of the deliberation as I have to consider more than how I play or run my games. The ruleset would look very differently if it were just for my table.
    Some skills are trained and if the free rank is missing it could be read as untrained in the PS.

Can you simply put the total ranks in the PS instead of a separate line or completely remove them if erroneous?

Note that Piloting ranks can be important for ship combat for more than just piloting (i.e. gunnery).

Quote Originally Posted by jrock1 View Post
    Some skills are trained and if the free rank is missing it could be read as untrained in the PS.

Can you simply put the total ranks in the PS instead of a separate line or completely remove them if erroneous?

Note that Piloting ranks can be important for ship combat for more than just piloting (i.e. gunnery).
    A solution I was considering was how the character sheet handles untrained. I would place a red color over the modifier box. As for the rolls from the PS, the chat output does inform if it is an untrained roll.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

Currently the red highlights skills that are not useable untrained if i am not mistaken. If you change that then there needs to be an indicator of which skills are not useable untrained

Quote Originally Posted by msbranin View Post
    Currently the red highlights skills that are not useable untrained if i am not mistaken. If you change that then there needs to be an indicator of which skills are not useable untrained
    The answer was in relation to the mention of untrained. I would use the same solution and make the modifier box red if the skill was untrained.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

When using an effect with the 'DMG' modifier and rolling damage for a critical hit. There is an error:

scripts/manager_action_damage.lua:522 length of field 'dice' (nil value)
    My Forge Page
    Discord: @evolivolution
    Ultimate License (FGU)
    Timezone: Z+1

Quote Originally Posted by Evolivolution View Post
    When using an effect with the 'DMG' modifier and rolling damage for a critical hit. There is an error:

scripts/manager_action_damage.lua:522 length of field 'dice' (nil value)
    Can you provide me more details on the situation that caused the error so I can test it further? I will need to know the defender's setup and the attacker setup as well.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

No special setup required. Just place 'DMG: X' on the attacker and attack any target. Make sure you roll critical damage (either by rolling a nat 20 on the attack roll or using the 'critical' modifier from the global modifiers.
    My Forge Page
    Discord: @evolivolution
    Ultimate License (FGU)
    Timezone: Z+1

Pushed hotfix for the issue.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Dead Suns AP1 Incident at Absolom Station, Interceptor Attack, the Stiletto is defaulting to the full Piloting +14 roll for attacks, instead of the Gunnery +6.

Actions used to get this result is click on the gyrolaser link in the ship combat tracker for the ship. Happens every time, unless you manually unlock and change the role from Pilot to Gunner.
    Last edited by sjard; July 1st, 2021 at 02:05.

Thread Information