DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 47 of 143 First ... 3745464748495797 ... Last
    Hello, am I doing anything wrong? Don't know why the skill modifier boxes are all blacked out. Thanks for any help!
    sheet.png

Quote Originally Posted by billyorkfellz View Post
    Hello, am I doing anything wrong? Don't know why the skill modifier boxes are all blacked out. Thanks for any help!
    sheet.png
    Reported that above...
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by deer_buster View Post
    Reported that above...
    Yes, and I'm still not seeing this behavior. My boxes are clear and able to see the boxes. Are you getting any missing frames or anything from the console when you open the skills tab?
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    Yes, and I'm still not seeing this behavior. My boxes are clear and able to see the boxes. Are you getting any missing frames or anything from the console when you open the skills tab?
    Nothing that seems like it would affect those boxes...btw, this is Classic
    Attached Images Attached Images
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Ah, thanks, haven't checked in Classic.

Ok, found the issue. Funny how certain behavior is ok in FGU and not in FGC. Won't be hotfixing this and will try to get more into the update. Don't want a lot of little updates.
    Last edited by superteddy57; May 20th, 2021 at 06:32.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

Quote Originally Posted by Littlerogue View Post
    Another little thing : you add the computer modifier (for my example, Mk5 mononode) on tactical tab of sthe starship sheet. I tried the functionnality, toggled the box and tried an engineering (divert) action from tje engineer character sheet.

This indeed add a +5 modifier to the test, but only if i click on the "Any Check" box until it switch to "engineering". In it's basic state "Any Check" the modifier doesn't apply on rolls, but i'm not really sure how it is supposed to work. wouldn't it be simpler to apply the modifier to the next check when you toggle one use of the computer ?
    That would be correct. As it's any skill, I have not found an elegant solution to when it would be used. So if you wish for it to be applied then you can setup a new modifier for that specific skill or cycle the any skill to the desired skill.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

In that case maybe we could limitate the skill list to the skills use for starship combat (we don't need disguise, medicine ans survival for example)

Alternatively, can you envisage n buttons/box (n being the number of nodes) which simply add the modifier to the next action when clicked ? The button then reset at the begining of the ship turn.

Once I find a better solution, it will be investigated and added. This is the best I can set up at this point.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

It's just a minor quality of life point, i can live without.

I made some test with starship combat, everything seems to work as it should with shields and ablative armor.

Just a litte question : now in Starship combat tracker, NPC ships have an option to select an arc (an an arc must be selected to fire with weapons). I first suppose it concerned the selection of the targeted ship arc the gunner is aiming, but when i apply damages the system still ask be to select an arc on the targeted ship to apply damages. So what is this new arc selection used for ?

Quote Originally Posted by Littlerogue View Post
    It's just a minor quality of life point, i can live without.

I made some test with starship combat, everything seems to work as it should with shields and ablative armor.

Just a litte question : now in Starship combat tracker, NPC ships have an option to select an arc (an an arc must be selected to fire with weapons). I first suppose it concerned the selection of the targeted ship arc the gunner is aiming, but when i apply damages the system still ask be to select an arc on the targeted ship to apply damages. So what is this new arc selection used for ?
    The system is certainly coming along and you are correct with it still using a pending for the damage. The firing arc is used for deflective shields to ensure you receive the bonuses when attacking the particular arc in this update. The unpredictable nature of tracking weapons still makes pending damage a necessity currently along with running out of time. The SOM update was quite large as it was and didn't want to include another couple months of waiting for the restructure of the damage system. Since I am watching over many other rulesets currently, I have to do things in waves to ensure each get my attention. My goal is to eventually have the firing arc take over and flow into the damage roll to make it easier on the DM. The foundation is there, just need more time with it to make it a reality.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Thread Information