DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 36 of 144 First ... 2634353637384686136 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by deer_buster View Post
    It'd be smart to put a one-time pop-up message in the Library to inform people that obviously don't look at the patch notes or keep up on the forums...
    There are patch notes?! Likely in a different forum then as I only bookmarked the Starfinder game system since its the only one we play.

Quote Originally Posted by cyblix View Post
    There are patch notes?! Likely in a different forum then as I only bookmarked the Starfinder game system since its the only one we play.
    In the City Hall
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by deer_buster View Post
    In the City Hall
    edit: closing quote

Thanks. I’ll take a look!

We did notice yesterday when trying to automate Biohacker skills, Basic Inhibitors (dmgtype) resistance, that you cannot apply a negative value to a spell effect action.

Example:
    Basic Inhibitor Acid Susceptible; RESIST: -5 acid

Example:
    Basic Inhibitor Acid Susceptible; RESIST: -5 acid
    Resistance isn't configured to work like that. I want to say there's a weakness keyword, as there is a vulnerability keyword. If I'm mistaken, you'll just have to adjudicate manually.
    Code:
    WEAK: 5 acid; --should increase acid damage by 5 points for all sources, but it could also just be unique to PF2e
    You can find me on Steam and Discord.

Quote Originally Posted by Marswipp View Post
    Resistance isn't configured to work like that. I want to say there's a weakness keyword, as there is a vulnerability keyword. If I'm mistaken, you'll just have to adjudicate manually.
    Code:
    WEAK: 5 acid; --should increase acid damage by 5 points for all sources, but it could also just be unique to PF2e
    There is no WEAK keyword in SFRPG; RESIST does indeed not accept negative values but VULN works fine.
    VULN: 5 acid should be what you're looking for.
    But you do need to keep in mind that this does just increase damage taken of a specific type, it doesn't lower the resistance. I'm handling that feature manually since I need to check whether the NPC has that type of resistance and how much of it they have anyway. So I went with changing them on the fly whenever the Biohacker uses that inhibitor.
    Last edited by Evolivolution; April 5th, 2021 at 01:23.
    My Forge Page
    Discord: @evolivolution
    Ultimate License (FGU)
    Timezone: Z+1

Quote Originally Posted by Evolivolution View Post
    There is no WEAK keyword in SFRPG; RESIST does indeed not accept negative values but VULN works fine.
    VULN: 5 acid should be what you're looking for.
    But you do need to keep in mind that this does just increase damage taken of a specific type, it doesn't lower the resistance. I'm handling that feature manually since I need to check whether the NPC has that type of resistance and how much of it they have anyway. So I went with changing them on the fly whenever the Biohacker uses that inhibitor.
    Unfortunately since it doesn't lower resistance and increases type damage VULN does not perform the proper desired result. This means that a create with say 'RESIST: 10 acid' that gets inhibitor applied 'VULN: 5 acid' and attached with acid weapon dealing 6 dmg shows "Damage [6] -> [to creature][PARTIALLY RESISTED][VULENRABLE][STATUS: WOUNDED]" with Wnd having 5 dmg applied. The proper result in this scenario would be a 1.

But you do need to keep in mind that this does just increase damage taken of a specific type, it doesn't lower the resistance.
    Yes that's what I said.
    My Forge Page
    Ultimate License (FGU)

Yes that's what I said.
    Right that's what I confirmed.

Unfortunately since it doesn't lower resistance and increases type damage VULN does not perform the proper desired result.
    Unless you're trying to say that since it works like its not supposed to its not a bug? ...

Shouldn't there be a way to apply SFRPG ruleset abilities when using the SFRPG ruleset?

'Painful Injection (Ex)' missing from the Level 2 list for Theorem class feature in the Biohacker class.
    painful-injection-missing.png

Unless you're trying to say that since it works like its not supposed to its not a bug? ...

Shouldn't there be a way to apply SFRPG ruleset abilities when using the SFRPG ruleset?
    Vulnerability isn't meant to be used for the Inhibitor feature. It's meant to be used for vulnerabilities, so it is working as intended. No bug here.

I do agree that there currently isn't any support from the ruleset to automate the Inhibitor feature, which is sad. But you can still do it manually, like you would have to when at the table.
    My Forge Page
    Ultimate License (FGU)

Thread Information