DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 23 of 142 First ... 1321222324253373123 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
    When you purchase a new product and it's broken you like to know it will be fixed. I could have just asked for a refund. Instead I reported the problem and waited. I don't see how you see anything funny in that? DoMW was unusable the day I purchased it. I did not complain or ask for a refund then either. I reported the bugs and waited for it to be fixed. As a Community Developer I would think you would know to treat users with more respect.
    I was laughing at your apparent expectation that the community developers have nothing better to do than to fix your issue immediately regardless of what else might have priority...either with ruleset issues, product issues that came in before your reported issues, or, you know, real life issues (for instance, Samarex has not been feeling well for several weeks and only recently got back to doing really anything), work issues (only SuperTeddy, of the community developers that are currently working on Starfinder, is a Smiteworks employee, the rest of us poor souls might actually have jobs that keep us busy...for instance I have been working late hours at work due to something beyond my control since August and have only just now been able to release anything Starfinder related).

That door swings both ways...you should give your community developers more respect, as you have no idea what else may be driving their lack of dropping everything to fix your issues.

</rant>
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Hmm, I donīt know if I like this attitude. I spent a lot of money for Fantasy Grounds. D&D5, PF2nd, Starfinder. I bought all the modules.
    I would like that the products get at least a bit tested before they go on sale.

Did you ever wonder why people might look after other VTT alternatives?
    Last edited by Locotomo; January 24th, 2021 at 16:09.

I don't get this negativity and passive aggression towards the development team. I know this is not on topic for this thread but it fits the conversation.
    Like deer-buster said; The community developers working on this ruleset are putting in the time because they want to not because it's their job. Imagine superteddy working alone on developing the ruleset. Everything here would move along much slower, if at all (no offense superteddy). It is hard to keep up with all the stuff Paizo is releasing. I belive there where 3 rulebooks in the past year, not counting the adventures here, which also sometimes add new mechanics. These all have to be implemented and constantly worked on as the SFRPG-ruleset continues to develop. New features and rules in all these Paizo released content have to be adapted to FG. And keep in mind that FG doesn't run on some cool and easy-to use game engine, which gives you building blocks that you just need to put together. All the new stuff needs to be programmed.
    And you are sitting here complaining about newly released modules not beeing tested. Who are you to say it wasn't? I'm very sure Samarex did test it before releasing it. And if it doesn't work, there is a community here which can report bugs and then they get fixed. In pretty much no time at that. If you want propper testing you can start and raise funds to pay a bug-testing team, and then a legal-team as well to keep confidentiallity agreements between SmiteWorks and Paizo, which you have to assume are in place.
    The fact that you can post something here in the forums and get a reply from a dev that is actually working on the ruleset within 2 or 3 days is a luxury, that I belive you don't appreciate enough. Try that with any other game. Try to get a bugfix for a product you just purchased within one day in any other forum.
    Sure there are many inconveniences with the ruleset right now, but it's working isn't it? And it keeps improving, since I bought this ruleset there was so much beeing done to fix bugs and implement new features. Some games I've been playing the past year haven't gotten even one big patch, even though the really needed it. And they have whole game studios developing them. I can count the devs on this ruleset on one hand.

Please show some more appreciation.
    Last edited by Evolivolution; January 24th, 2021 at 17:56.
    My Forge Page
    Discord: @evolivolution
    Ultimate License (FGU)
    Timezone: Z+1

Ulric wasn't in the wrong, he posted a few bugs and asked for an update, he wasn't being disrespectful. This platform is the best available, with the most content available and only getting better especially with the dedication and efforts of the devs. Bc of the effort put into FG Unity, more and more people see the value and love put into it, and make the jump from other VTTs to Unity.

SFRPG is a very complex TTRPG with many rules and more game mechanics with every new book, even APs introduce new rules, like the underwater adventure rules in FFoD! I commend the FG devs for keeping up as well as they've been, so i want to say thank you to them for the dedicated effort to Starfinder!
    Last edited by jrock1; January 24th, 2021 at 18:41. Reason: Thank you to Devs

I also know this doesnīt really belong here, but it bothers me. Last post, I promise

Sorry, but the Deck of many Worlds was not working at all (regarding FGU. As far as I know it works on FGC). So I assumed it wasnīt tested.
    I appreciate how quick the problem was solved. But in fact, it still isnīt 100% complete.
    I also fully understand and appreciate the people working here as freelancers, but there is an online shop and I pay money.

I pay for a product, I am a custumer and donīt like being laughed at. This is unprofessional.
    If itīs your opinion that a customer is acting like an idiot, well there are other, nicer ways to tell him, right?

Donīt you want me to come back and buy more stuff? Or do you not care?

Regards , Loco

We appreciate your feedback and sorry for the direction of this thread has gotten recently. We are open to feedback and criticism and are not trying to quiet this discussion, but would welcome a new thread to be started for this to continue if you wish for it to move forward. We would just like to keep this focused on bug reporting and getting those resolved. Thank you for your understanding.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

So I can't seem to find Cache Augmentation alternate feature for Technomancer (Character Operations Manual) anywhere, but it is listed in the reference document. I was pointed to post about that here.

Quote Originally Posted by Locotomo View Post
    I also know this doesnīt really belong here, but it bothers me. Last post, I promise

Sorry, but the Deck of many Worlds was not working at all (regarding FGU. As far as I know it works on FGC). So I assumed it wasnīt tested.
    I appreciate how quick the problem was solved. But in fact, it still isnīt 100% complete.
    I also fully understand and appreciate the people working here as freelancers, but there is an online shop and I pay money.

I pay for a product, I am a custumer and donīt like being laughed at. This is unprofessional.
    If itīs your opinion that a customer is acting like an idiot, well there are other, nicer ways to tell him, right?

Donīt you want me to come back and buy more stuff? Or do you not care?

Regards , Loco
    DoMW was tested by me and James and a couple others before I submitted it for approval.
    There were no errors showing in either FGC or FGU.
    During the two week time of the approval process there was a update to FGU that added error reporting for missing frames. This was the issue that use showing up.
    It was quickly fixed and released.
    UPDATE Monday Jan 25: I have fixed the Reference manual for FGU and pushed it for update. It won't be in this week's update as Friday was the deadline for this week.
    Update the fix was updated as a Hot Fix so you should see it in the system now.
    Last edited by Samarex; January 25th, 2021 at 22:45. Reason: Added Update.
    Discord User : Samarex#0318
    Ultimate License
    Starfinder Society ID#:274538
    Lets Play a RPG

Quote Originally Posted by londrieved View Post
    So I can't seem to find Cache Augmentation alternate feature for Technomancer (Character Operations Manual) anywhere, but it is listed in the reference document. I was pointed to post about that here.
    I will take a look today.

[UPDATE] This has been corrected and submitted for update
    Last edited by Samarex; January 25th, 2021 at 00:20.
    Discord User : Samarex#0318
    Ultimate License
    Starfinder Society ID#:274538
    Lets Play a RPG

Hey guys... So not sure what's up... Just bought the DoMW (FGU here as well) I load the modules, the reference manual is there, but there is nothin in the library for it, and nothing on the sidebar (Icon on the right)

FGU was updated (for me) when I opened it this morning, (haven't opened it for awhile... life) but I've recently come back and wanted new toys... I see a few people have had luck getting everything to load, but yeah, I haven't yet.

I can't for the life of me remember how to see the logs, otherwise I'd post those for you. Let me know what ya think... Oh and I unloaded EVERYTHING but the DoMW and still nothing too.. Thanks in advance.

Thread Information