FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 6 of 142 First ... 456781656106 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyOldAndy View Post
    We had this in out SF game after one of the updates. Looking at the class xp box, it had skill points for class + the int modifer in it, then added the int modifier again on the skills page. We solved by deleting the characters and recreating them. The skill points were then done correctly for each level, and the int bonus added afterwards.

On a related note, it appears the Sarcesian (from Alien Archive) racial trait "Skilled: Sarcesians gain an additional skill rank at 1st level and each level thereafter." is only applied at level 1. GM has had to add an extra skill point at 2nd and 3rd.
    I would suggest this as well as I am not seeing an apparent cause as of yet. As for the related note, pushed a new hotfix for the racial trait not adding past level 1.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

v2.1.9 FGC ( Code looks the same for FGU. )

encumberance caused by UPB is calculated from the wrong coins.slot..

see attached..

caused in 'manage_char.lua', 'function updateEncumbrance(nodeChar)' line 1409 'local nUPB = DB.getValue(nodeChar, "coins.slot3.amount", 0);'

This should be from coins.slot2

-pete
    Attached Images Attached Images

2.1.9 FGC ( same in FGU )

with a new character, assign to part sheet, and assign some UPB, this will be assigned into the credits section... ( If you then add some credits from the party sheet, it will be assigned into upb from now on!! )

this is because the part sheet is looking for named coin slots... and the new character sheet has no coins sections... so the very first add of upb, assigned upb into coin slot 1 as it can not find the 'coins.slot[123].name' item..

This is caused by the 'corerpg' ruleset 'manager_ps_loot.lua' 'function addCoinsToPC(nodeChar, sCoin, nCoin)', that searches for ".name" and assigned it to that slot or into the first empty slot.. ( slot 1 on a new character. )

attached a database and images...

-pete
    Attached Files Attached Files

2.1.9 FGC ( Not checked but assume to be same on FGU )

when you add UPB to character sheet, encumbrance is not updated until you change the inventory..

-pete

Thank you for the report. I will be setting up a hotfix push here soon.

Edit: Pushed hotfix. It was a mistake on my part of overlooking the elements for the coin name's being label and thusly not saving to the DB. I changed them to stringu's and this will now update the DB with the names of the coins in that slot. I also address the encumbrance issue by removing the check of the dedicated slot and had it search for the name of the currency in question. So now you can move them around, but I defaulted the stringu's so no need in filling them in.
    Last edited by superteddy57; October 29th, 2020 at 16:16.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    Thank you for the report. I will be setting up a hotfix push here soon.

Edit: Pushed hotfix. It was a mistake on my part of overlooking the elements for the coin name's being label and thusly not saving to the DB. I changed them to stringu's and this will now update the DB with the names of the coins in that slot. I also address the encumbrance issue by removing the check of the dedicated slot and had it search for the name of the currency in question. So now you can move them around, but I defaulted the stringu's so no need in filling them in.
    Thanks for the quick update, but 'CR' is the wrong default name for the coin.slot1.name. ( I suggest 'credits' to match the currencies ( cred3.png ), not looked but I assume these define the party sheet lines ? )

see attached, now adding credits goes in the box next to the 'cr' line... ( see cred1.png and cred2.png )

2.1.9 + hotfix checked in fgc..

-pete
    Attached Files Attached Files

Well the code accepts it in any slot as long as the names are the same. So if you changed CR to Credits it would send it to that slot. You can set it up as you see fit. I have set up the code to search by name and not slot number.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    Well the code accepts it in any slot as long as the names are the same. So if you changed CR to Credits it would send it to that slot. You can set it up as you see fit. I have set up the code to search by name and not slot number.
    Hi,
    Sorry to be clear on a BRAND NEW GAME.....

The party sheet/currencies DEFAULTS are 'credits' and 'UPB'

and the character sheet DEFAULTS are 'CR', 'UPB', 'Income'

This causes the miss-match.... as it does not match 'credits' against 'cr' and so it dumps it into the box to the right of the currencies on your character sheet.

What you are saying is to fix this, EVERYBODY HAS TO EDIT THE CURRENCIES, because you used the default name of 'cr' for coins.slot1.name, instead of matching it to the Defaults of the currencies ?

I'm happy with you changing the default party sheet/ currencies to been 'CR' and 'UPB' to match the character inventory code... ( in manager_gamesystem.lua )

But I do feel that these 2 parts of the code should match..

-pete

See 'manager_gamesystem.lua'

currencies = { "Credits", "UPB" };
    currencyDefault = "Credits";

And 'record_char_inventory.xml'
    <stringu name="coinname1" source="coins.slot1.name">
    <anchored to="coinframe" position="insidetopleft" offset="5,40" width="60" height="20" />
    <default>CR</default>
    <center />
    <lineoffset default="on" mergerule="replace">5</lineoffset>
    <!--anchored to="coinamount1" position="lefthigh" offset="10,2" />
    <lineoffset default="off" mergerule="replace">0</lineoffset>
    <right /-->
    </stringu>

What I was referring to was that in the mean time you can change the name on the character sheet while I get them sorted. You were correct that they would both need to match and was going to make them match with another update, but the option was there to edit it yourself if you have a session to go through. That was my intention of my response.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Also checking in the modules like 'dead suns', the 'parcels' all use 'credits' and 'upb'... so I think the default for coins.slot1.name should be 'credits', not 'cr'...

feel free to leave the 'label' in the character sheet as 'cr'.

but i do think that the basic standard new game, new character, and a new module, should work together by default in a way the player would expect.

-pete

Thread Information