DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 51 of 143 First ... 41495051525361101 ... Last
    The weekly updates are pushed on Tuesday of every week.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

The premade 'nonleathal' modifier in the modifier box doesn't work when players roll with it.
    Screenshot (1).png first attack was made by my player with the nonleathal modifier, second one was made by me. Everything else was exactly the same.
    My Forge Page
    Discord: @evolivolution
    Ultimate License (FGU)
    Timezone: Z+1

I just tested again the expansion bays : Now the maneuvrability decrease by one step every time you add an external bay. The correct formula is a decrease for every set of 3 bays (rounded up) : -1 for 1,2 or 3 bays, -2 for 4,5 or 6 etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Littlerogue View Post
    I just tested again the expansion bays : Now the maneuvrability decrease by one step every time you add an external bay. The correct formula is a decrease for every set of 3 bays (rounded up) : -1 for 1,2 or 3 bays, -2 for 4,5 or 6 etc.
    Thank you for the clarification. I see where it went wrong. I will push another update with the weekly update.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

I apologize if this is in the wrong thread.

The starship Hippocampus from the Deadsuns AP Book #1 does not seem to have the correct stat block working for it.
    The ship seems to be missing any thrusters. The shields do not populate and the weapons do not work.

Am I doing anything wrong? Other starships from that book populate just fine.

Thanks,

Rhoh

The formula now work for the turning speed calculation !

... except when you try to remove some external expansion bay : i have a base turning distance of +1, corresponding to a good maneuvrability. When i add some EEB, everything works fine : Average (+2) with 1-3 EEB, Poor (+3) with 4-6, Clumsy (+4) with 5-8. But when you try to remove a surnumeral EEB (for example you have a number of EEB of 4 and you want to switch to 3) the turning distance decrease correctly but the maneuvrability switch to good whatever the turning distance (That's a minor issue though).

Also you can't have more EEB that the base number of expansion bay provided by your frame, and EEB can't be set on ships smaller than Small.

Thank for your work !

Quote Originally Posted by rhohb0tt View Post

The starship Hippocampus from the Deadsuns AP Book #1 does not seem to have the correct stat block working for it.
    The ship seems to be missing any thrusters. The shields do not populate and the weapons do not work.

Thanks,

Rhoh
    Nope, you have the right thread. Welcome to the forum.

I think this is a little bit of all of us...

1) Thrusters missing
    I missed that apparently. I will add and get it updated.

2) Shields do not work
    I am going to punt this to superteddy57. I have noticed that when shields are first added, it populates the tactical but later disappears from tactical. I am finding this issue with other ships, not just this one. You can manually update the shields using the starship combat tracker but I would assume that the shields would default to fully balanced unless otherwise indicated (just like when the shields were first added to the sheet).

3) Weapons do not work
    This might be you? Not sure how you are doing it and I'll admit I haven't played Starfinder for months, but I added the PC Ship to the party sheet, put a PC attached as gunner to the ship and was able to fire the weapons and deal damage from the gunner's character sheet.
    Developer for lots of adventures, particularly 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2E

Timezone: US Eastern Time
    Ultimate License Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Littlerogue View Post
    The formula now work for the turning speed calculation !

... except when you try to remove some external expansion bay : i have a base turning distance of +1, corresponding to a good maneuvrability. When i add some EEB, everything works fine : Average (+2) with 1-3 EEB, Poor (+3) with 4-6, Clumsy (+4) with 5-8. But when you try to remove a surnumeral EEB (for example you have a number of EEB of 4 and you want to switch to 3) the turning distance decrease correctly but the maneuvrability switch to good whatever the turning distance (That's a minor issue though).

Also you can't have more EEB that the base number of expansion bay provided by your frame, and EEB can't be set on ships smaller than Small.

Thank for your work !
    The maneuvrability issue was related to the ship constantly pulling the base maneuvrability from the frame, apologies. It will now update with the turning. As for the number allowed and the ability to add them to smaller ships, I wanted the GM to be able to homebrew if they wished. Setting up gate keepers was an issue with the PC ship sheet in earlier iterations. I do not know how you wish to play and try to accomdate many playstyles.

Quote Originally Posted by rhohb0tt View Post

Thanks,

Rhoh
    Thanks for the report. The shields issue was ruleset related. I will be providing an update to fix this. You might need to set the shields manually when it first loads, but should retain them moving forward after the update. As for the weapons not working, PC and NPC ships now need to select a firing arc when attempting an attack. Can you check to see that this might be the issue?
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    As for the number allowed and the ability to add them to smaller ships, I wanted the GM to be able to homebrew if they wished. Setting up gate keepers was an issue with the PC ship sheet in earlier iterations. I do not know how you wish to play and try to accomdate many playstyles.
    Yup, maybe just setting up a chat warning like the one wich trigger when you put to much systems in expansion bays ?

Quote Originally Posted by sciencephile View Post
    1) Thrusters missing
    I missed that apparently. I will add and get it updated.
    I think some of this is that it isn't explicitly called out in the ship stats (either in CRB for the "base" model or in the AP for the "upgraded" model). Either way, since the actual build costs have changed, the build in a lot of the ships in the AP just aren't "legal" anymore within the budgeted Build Points....and there hasn't been any errata that I am aware of for the APs
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Thread Information